Colindale Guest House
US$133
Hotels.com
US$116
US$112
Yardley Manor Hotel(Torquay)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$77
US$160
US$155
US$423
Travelocity
US$102
PremierInn.com
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 8 February 2013

First class from start to finish. Barry greeted us as though we were old friends and this set the tone for our break. Room 5 was spotless, all mod cons, en-suite and a few little extras which was a nice touch.
Breakfast is top draw. Great selection from start to finish, all cooked fresh to order.
Great location for all that the area has to offer.
Sorry folks but cannot fault. Book and enjoy.

Room Tip: All rooms of very high standard.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Warriorblue
Reviewed 18 September 2012

I stayed at the Colindale Hotel for 4 days at the beginning of September and I couldn't have asked for a nicer place to stay.

I arrived in the afternoon, and was immediately greeted by Barry & Sven. They kindly took my luggage and provide tea for me in their elegant drawing room which contains a treasure trove of antiques and interesting books (all of which I was invited to read at my leisure).

After tea I was shown to my room which was tastefully furnished and had all the amenities one would wish for including tea/coffee/biscuits and a host of toiletries in the bathroom. It was nice to see these features, as many hotels (notably the chain hotels) are gradually removing tea/coffee facilities in bedrooms in an attempt to make you pay for room service. I have stayed in some of the best hotels all over the world during my travels, and I can honestly say that my bed at the Colindale was one of, if not, the best beds I have ever slept in (which made it somewhat difficult to rise for breakfast in the mornings). The room & bathroom were immaculately clean and well presented (something I hold in high regard).

Breakfast at the Colindale is such a wonderful affair that I ensured I never missed it. Barry & Sven clearly know the importance of a good breakfast to start the day as they have an extensive breakfast menu. There was a number of different cereals, fruit, yogurt, and fresh juices to choose from on the breakfast table. In addition, each table had a little menu which listed the cooked breakfast options, and to my delight included Hash Browns (why do so many hotels not serve these?). Safe to say, I had a delicious breakfast every morning, and Barry and Sven were most kind to tailor this to my dietary requirements. The breakfast room is very comfortable and also has some lovely antiques to admire.

Barry & Sven were most kind in providing maps & tourist information for Torquay and the surrounding areas, and the location of the hotel is perfect, minutes from both Torquay station and the beach.

This hotel is beautifully decorated in a traditional British style, which makes it very comfortable. It is clear that Barry & Sven take real pride in operating an establishment of such high calibre and I am so grateful to have found it.

I will for sure be returning for regular breaks as it's a little retreat that provides the best in quintessential English hospitality.

The chain hotels could learn a lot from this boutique gem.

Room Tip: I was leaving on Sunday afternoon, and when all the other guests had checked out I was given a tour by Sven. I can honestly say I would mind staying in any of the rooms as they were all decorated to a high standard.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank RAOCLondon
Reviewed 16 September 2012

stayed again for the 5 time and once again we were made very comfortable by Barry & Sven,the food is excellent the rooms very clean and tidy & the beds are very comfy cannot understand what Mike f309 is complaining about it could not have been the same Colindale that we stayed in cos barry and Sven could not have been more accomodating

Room Tip: if you want a good hotel to stay in book direct with Barry Greenwood the owner do not use Laterooms
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2012

stayed here about a month ago,the place is gorgeous and the breakfast is fab,the place is very welcoming and very near to the sea front,its quite quirky and has a gorgeous breakfast room,there was even a teddy on the bed it was like a home from home !!!oh and the beds were really comfy...would go again,thank u

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bristolgirly
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Booked over 2 weeks in advance with laterooms, who send email and fax. Turned up on the day to be told by the owner he had double booked dispite the 'vacancies' sign. Obviously didn't want to honour the one night we had booked. Absolutely no help.

Stayed: August 2012