There are two things that make this a good hotel. The staff and the food! All the staff were extremely helpful and professional. The evening dinner was beautifully presented and the food was of a very good quality. I always judge a breakfast according to whether it passes my orange juice test!! It did! It was proper orange juice and not the concentrate kind. I would definitely stay at this lovely hotel again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the coastal road from Torquay to Shaldon this Georgian retreat is set in landscaped gardens near Torquay and offers some of the finest accommodation and dining in South Devon. Stylishly refurbished as a Boutique Hotel, the Orestone provides comfortable, luxurious rooms, The New Brunel Lounge Bar, Lounge areas, Conservatory casual Dinning and an excellent main restaurant. Located in the rural village of Maidencombe on the fringe of Torquay, it has stunning views across the Torbay coastline and Lyme Bay. From from light bites, Afternoon Cream Teas, Lumches including locally caught fish and hand cut chips the choice is most satisfying. Alfresco dining can be enjoyed on the sun terrace with cracking menus and wonderful views. An award winning restaurant provides a little more sophistication for lunch or dinner if preferred! The terrace and conservatory are perfect places for an impromptu break from daily life, no need to dress up - casuals and walking boots welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., LateRooms, Ebookers, Hotels.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Orestone Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Orestone Hotel Torquay
- The Orestone Manor Torquay, Devon