“Very pleasant stay”
Review of The Orestone Manor

The Orestone Manor
Ranked #9 of 85 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed 9 April 2014

There are two things that make this a good hotel. The staff and the food! All the staff were extremely helpful and professional. The evening dinner was beautifully presented and the food was of a very good quality. I always judge a breakfast according to whether it passes my orange juice test!! It did! It was proper orange juice and not the concentrate kind. I would definitely stay at this lovely hotel again.

Room Tip: Room 7 was lovely but take care when getting out of bed! I nearly knocked myself unconscious on the...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank couple1234186424

Reviewed 9 April 2014

My wife and I stayed here for the first time for one night stay, enjoyed it so much immediately booked a two night stay in May (Even managed to have same room allocated).Everything from accomodation,food and staff was excellent. The owners must be very proud of what they have provided with this hotel and we look forward to our next visit.

1  Thank coffeeman100
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I must start by saying the staff were very helpful and very nice indeed, expect one young man who must have been new who told us we could have sandwiches made up for our breakfast? (as we had an early flight to catch) however this was quickly changed to the continental breakfast being made available to us at 6am for which we were very grateful.

Upon arrival there wasn't sufficient parking for us so I parked in the only space available which was a disabled space, if that was taken then I don't know where I would have put my car.

The room was lovely and as I expected. The bathroom was a great size and the balcony was a lovely touch although being greeted by the BT engineer at 7 am when I went out in my towel was quite funny, but obviously not the hotels fault. (Well it made my girlfriend laugh)

We ate in the restaurant the second night the level of service we received was brilliant and also the excellent wine. The food was delicious which you would expect for the £60 a head we were charged.

Overall a good stay and I would definitely stay here again if I ever find myself back in Torquay.

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Michael M
orestone, Owner at The Orestone Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

We are so pleased you enjoyed your visit so much, Especially the food.
For the benefit of other readers I would just point out that the £60.00 a head Micheal mentions here for dinner would have included wine and drinks. A typical A la carte 3 course dinner costs around £30.00 - £35.00 each and even the most expensive choices come to about £40.00
We do offer a DBB rate of £30.00 per person with no supplements on our Menus which of course fixes the rate to half that mentioned.
We do also have contingency plans for parking although we very rarely need employ these with 12 rooms and 34 car parking spaces.So any visitor having difficulty should just come along to reception and we will sort something out.

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Found this hotel by chance.
The hotel is perfect in every way.
Rooms are spacious, clean and decorated in various themes.
The food is unbelievable, and dining is done in some cases with a tremendous view looking out on the bay.
Owners and staff, go out of their Nway to ensure your stay is a pleasant and memorable one.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Mikeybabe
Reviewed 26 March 2014

We stayed at Orestone Manor for 5 nights from 14th March and had the most wonderfully relaxing break. The service was understated yet attentive and the food and wine were superb. Although we were there for 5 nights the menu was sufficiently varied that we were able to enjoy something different at each sitting.
We stayed in room 3 which was enormous with a huge bed and a stunning view down the valley and out to sea. The William Morris decor was quirky but we loved it.
Pre-dinner drinks we're taken in the lounge beside the crackling open log fire.
A relaxing dinner in the conservatory, or the elegant dining room, was followed by a night cap back in the lounge.
The staff were genuine and helpful and made us so welcome. We will definitely be going back.

Room Tip: Room 3 was excellent with lovely views from the window seat
4  Thank Chillseeker2010
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed with a bed and dinner package for my partners Birthday. Great Service and fantastic food, Ideal little escape in a lovely setting. Rooms were nice and the bed was very comfortable, would definitely recommend.

2  Thank LFJstone
Reviewed 11 March 2014

I would just like to say what a wonderful stay we had 7th 8th March.Lovely quiet setting, tucked away and over looking the sea. From the time we arrived until the time we left, the staff and service were excellent. They were all very polite, friendly and very knowledgeable about the products that were available in the bar, nothing was to much trouble.
Our room No 4 was lovely with a very comfortable four poster bed, everything was very clean and the room was nice and warm with wonderful views of the grounds and the sea.
The break we booked included 3 courses from the a la carte menu which was excellent, so do not expect your normal run of the mill menu. There was a choice of meat, fish and vegetarian dishes. I can certainly recommend the crab and apple salad or the scallops as a starter (I love seafood) all the food was delicious and beautifully presented, including the full english breakfast.
We very much enjoyed our luxury stay at Orestone Manor and we will certainly book another stay here in the near future. I would just like to say a big thank you and to all your staff for lovely relaxing break and we hope to see you very soon.

1  Thank Pip E
Also consider these accommodations in or near Torquay
The Imperial Torquay
The Grand Hotel
The Grand Hotel
#31 of 85 in Torquay
Boringdon Hall Hotel and Spa

Been to The Orestone Manor? Share your experiences!