On arrival we were shown our room which was number seven in the eaves. Room good with bath and shower. View was the gardens and the sea through the trees. We stayed two nights and had dinners and breakfast. Food for dinner was very good and enough. Breakfast was also good. While we were there it was lovely and quiet. We were out during the day and for South Devon this hotels location is great. Would I go back to this hotel, yes.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the coastal road from Torquay to Shaldon this Georgian retreat is set in landscaped gardens near Torquay and offers some of the finest accommodation and dining in South Devon. Stylishly refurbished as a Boutique Hotel, the Orestone provides comfortable, luxurious rooms, The New Brunel Lounge Bar, Lounge areas, Conservatory casual Dinning and an excellent main restaurant. Located in the rural village of Maidencombe on the fringe of Torquay, it has stunning views across the Torbay coastline and Lyme Bay. From from light bites, Afternoon Cream Teas, Lumches including locally caught fish and hand cut chips the choice is most satisfying. Alfresco dining can be enjoyed on the sun terrace with cracking menus and wonderful views. An award winning restaurant provides a little more sophistication for lunch or dinner if preferred! The terrace and conservatory are perfect places for an impromptu break from daily life, no need to dress up - casuals and walking boots welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your The Orestone Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Orestone Hotel Torquay
- The Orestone Manor Torquay, Devon