We stayed here for our wedding anniversary and chose it because of the very positive reviews.
We stayed in Attic room 7 . Behind an unassuming door laid a beautifully appointed room and well worth the climb up the stairs. The sitting area just off the bed room overlooked the gardens and provided a wonderful view of the sea framed by trees. And we spend quite some time sitting there enjoying tea and just taking in the view. The bathroom was stunning, spacious with a superb huge roll top bath which easily fit two ( I expect).
We happened to be staying on one of the themed nights, Fawlty Towers, which despite being a bit apprehensive I would recommend to anyone.
Afternoon tea was superb and hit the spot, dinner was also very good, but the one thing that stood out above all else was the exceptional service from all the staff and they should be commended for this. Without exception they were courteous, hard working - just brilliant. I would recommend this hotel to all and will be returning
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- On the coastal road from Torquay to Shaldon this Georgian retreat is set in landscaped gardens near Torquay and offers some of the finest accommodation and dining in South Devon. Stylishly refurbished as a Boutique Hotel, the Orestone provides comfortable, luxurious rooms, The New Brunel Lounge Bar, Lounge areas, Conservatory casual Dinning and an excellent main restaurant. Located in the rural village of Maidencombe on the fringe of Torquay, it has stunning views across the Torbay coastline and Lyme Bay. From from light bites, Afternoon Cream Teas, Lumches including locally caught fish and hand cut chips the choice is most satisfying. Alfresco dining can be enjoyed on the sun terrace with cracking menus and wonderful views. An award winning restaurant provides a little more sophistication for lunch or dinner if preferred! The terrace and conservatory are perfect places for an impromptu break from daily life, no need to dress up - casuals and walking boots welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de and Cancelon so you can book your The Orestone Manor reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Orestone Hotel Torquay
- The Orestone Manor Torquay, Devon