The Orestone Manor
US$128
US$103
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Yardley Manor Hotel(Torquay)(Great Value!)
US$78
US$104
PremierInn.com
All reviewshot tubgarden suiteroll top bathfour poster bedhuge bathroomsea viewcoastal pathcream teaboutique hotelno liftagatha christiestayed for nightsfirst floorbreakfast and dinnerbirthday treatthis lovely hotelshort break
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We have just returned from a week stay and feel totally relaxed. Orestone Manor is set in a beautiful location and has pretty gardens and stunning views. Our room was spotless, the most comfortable superking bed ever. Our bathroom was the size of some hotel rooms! (room 6). It had a fantastic roll top bath as well as a shower cubicle. We particularly enjoyed having a balcony to sit and read on and take in the sea views. All the staff were great, very pleasant and professional and nothing was too much trouble. We were on a half board basis and EVERY meal from breakfast to dinner was exceptional both in presentation and taste. It was also lovely to not have any restrictions on the menu. We would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: I think room 6 is the only room with a balcony. ?
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank karen b
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Whilst on holiday in Maidencombe my family and I had dinner here to celebrate my husband s 70th birthday. This is a beautiful manor house set in perfect gardens with breathtaking views of the bay. The staff were pleasant and helpful they answered all of our questions relating to the extensive menu efficiently. The food was perfectly presented, and thoroughly enjoyed by all.
Would strongly recommend the restaurant for a perfect evening.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank mildredaelliott46
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We had a very pleasant stay at Orestone. The staff were welcoming and helpful. Breakfasts were freshly cooked to order with plenty to choose from. Dinner was also excellent. Our room was spacious, clean and very comfortable with a lovely outlook. Now the plumbing - the bathroom and toilet were separate. The shower is in need of updating - it is almost impossible to adjust the angle of the head and the control is tricky. Also the tray fills very quickly. (The loo flush is like a fog horn!). I would have to say that we felt that the step in the bathroom is an accident waiting to happen.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
orestone, Owner at The Orestone Manor, responded to this reviewResponded 25 August 2014

I am Glad you were so pleased with your stay with us. I will of course have the noisy flush in that room dealt with. Had we known I would have sorted it during your stay. I hasten to add this is not indicative of the plumbing here. The shower head in some of the rooms is the "Drench" Style with a large brass head from above which does not have much adjustment through design. This is not so much outdated as a design choice. The Building was built in 1830 and will never be a "perfect box" It does have character and therefore a step here and there is unavoidable. However in all the years we know about there has never been an accident.

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We spent 3 nights at the Orestone Manor as part of a trip to explore the South Western area around Devon. The hotel was stunning and food, service, location was first class. It is a family run hotel with only 12 rooms and you are made to feel special by the staff who cannot do enough for the guests. I cannot recommend this hotel highly enough and we will definately return in the near future for some further indulgence.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the Garden Room. Worth it for the Jacuzzi on the terrace.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chezla2014
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I had dinner here to celebrate my Fathers 70th birthday while on a family holiday in Maidencombe.

This is a wonderful old house set in gorgeous gardens with a fantastic view of the bay. As you enter you are transported back to a time of high teas served by butlers and maids in crisp pinny's served on the terrace and opulent dinner parties given by The Lord of the Manor. The atmosphere is hushed and reverent.

We were firstly sat in the lounge which has a large hearth and is decorated in keeping with the house with old paintings and curios. Here we were served drinks while we pondered the menus and our order was taken. The chap who took our order was lovely, very courteous and knowledgeable about the dishes, and was more than happy to make adjustments for our 9 year old twins.

In the restaurant we were seated at a round table, which is fantastic for 9, in the bay window overlooking the gardens and the sea. A gorgeous vista.

Our starters came quickly. They were beautifully presented and there were a few moments of ooo's and ahh's and comparing choices before we tucked in. Everyone agreed they were delicious though one diner did find a couple of pieces of shell in her crab martini. A basic mistake. The waiter was very apologetic when this was pointed out.

Our main courses arrived quickly and again, the presentation was wonderful. My pork belly was both soft and succulent then crisp in all the right places. The accompaniments were delicious too and everything was well seasoned. My partner and son enjoyed their lamb 3 ways, particularly the lamb croquette with bone marrow. I managed to prise a small piece away from one and it was so tasty, it melted in your mouth.

For those who could manage them, desserts were ordered and were again a presentation triumph. My Fathers Apple Crumble with Creme Anglais arrived with "Happy Birthday" written in rich dark chocolate sauce around the deep rim of the bowl. A wonderful touch which Dad enjoyed.

The Orestone Manor was a wonderful rich food experience that was really enjoyed by my family. If I had one tiny niggle it would be that the wait staff we had, while polite, courteous and knowledgeable, lacked personality but this really didn't detract from the visit. A strong recommend if you are in the area.

Stayed: August 2014