“Excellent ice cream sundies”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Macaris Italian restaurant - CLOSED

Macaris Italian restaurant
Price range: US$10 - US$22
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
United Kingdom
“Excellent ice cream sundies”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

Good service and good ice cream sundies but they had run out of fresh strawberries so we had to have our second choice.

Visited September 2013

“What a pleasant evening!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

I can genuinely say I have never felt so welcome at a restaurant. The service from the beginning was friendly and accommodating. Special menu requests were accepted without hesitation and extra sauce provided without even asking - a lovely touch! The food was excellent and arrived very promptly. Despite being the last to leave the restraurant we were not rushed along but instead treated by the owner as welcome friends.
We had a lovely evening and would recommend to anyone. We wish Emelia and family the very best for the future. You made our last evening in Torquay a fond memory!

Torquay
“Great Italian cuisine.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

I knew Macaris from way back in the late 50's and early 60's, when it was the best Italian coffee bar and ice cream parlour in Torbay....It is still in the same family hands and has recently undergone a tasteful, dramatic change to a very smart restaurant. It looks out across Torquay inner harbour and has comfortable seating outside for those who want to watch the world cruise by whilst enjoying one of their many varieties of delicious coffee's. There were six of us in the party. and every meal was perfect...I had caprese for starters, followed by tagliatelle-al-salmone, gave dessert a miss, because I was full...But had a delicious espresso and a shot of Limoncello, whilst the others tucked into their desserts. Comfortable, nice wine list, good service...All in all, an excellent and relaxing evening out. I shall return.

Rags Daniels...Author.

1 Thank RagsDaniels
Southampton, England, United Kingdom
“Don't judge a restaurant by it's cover!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

I booked this restaurant as I could get 2 for 1 on mains. When my partner and I walked past I was a bit put off by the décor as it looked it was trying to be a trendy nightclub! However we gave it a chance and I'm glad we did. Our starters were delicious - I had mushroom bruschetta. I loved it. They cook the pizzas themselves and my boyfriend loved his. I had a salad and it was nice. It was also very reasonably priced. Do give it a chance I'm glad I did.

London, United Kingdom
“Cheap and tasty”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

My partner and I were walking around Torquay looking for somewhere to eat, a few places we found a bit expensive when we look at the menu here and saw the specials, we went in and were not disappointed, you should try this place, it was a 2 course meal for £9.95, what a bargin and it was very tasty and fresh. I would highly recommend this place and it can also be romantic place to take your partner if you want

• Visited August 2013