“Uninterested Owners”

Ranked #218 of 352 Restaurants in Torquay
Price range: US$8 - US$17
Cuisines: Italian, Pub
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: We are a friendly continental cafe bar located at the heart of Torquay harbour side. We offer a large selection of food and drinks and boast two spacious outdoor seating areas.
Reviewed 23 March 2014

We attempted to visit this restaurant/bar this afternoon for a drink and were prevented from sitting down on the last remaining seats by the female owner. She said that all four were taken (plus the remaining 3 on her table). We accepted this ( as she grabbed the chairs!) and walked away but watched for her 'friends' to arrive, which they didn't!. She simply wanted the space for her and her owner husband who then joined her (all 8 seats). We are locals and have been regulars for the last 5 years. Having been snubbed like this we will NEVER return and shall enjoy their competitors hospitality instead.

1  Thank alan p

Reviewed 22 March 2014

Called in here whilst on a winter break as the weather was good and its great to sit outside. Staff were good and the food came quickly. Food was good pub food but what makes it is being able to have a great view over the harbour. Biggest problem is the seagulls and if only visitors would not feed them it would make the coastal resorts a much better place.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

ALL FOOD IS MICROWAVED. The Salad is the furthest thing from fresh. Nobody speaks english. Customers are constantly getting attacked by seagulls outside & I'm pretty sure the drinks are watered down. I can't even explain how bad the owner treats his customers & staff. they play the same music everyday on repeat. We once had a customer order a Lamb gluten free lamb shank, I watched as the owner took the lamb shank out of the microwavable packet and washed it under a tap that says "This Water Is Not For Consumption" above it. AVOID AT ALL COSTS.

I can however recommend Tiger Bills. It's a bit further down the road by the clock tower me and the misses went there the other day and it was fantastic! it's a bit more pricey but it's worth it!

Kind Regards.

1  Thank Jhnhaines92
Reviewed 6 November 2013

I Visited this Restaurant during my week long stay in Torquay,one lunch time and was impressed by the quality of the meals that were served there.There was also some outside seating outside the establishment however when i visited it,which in late October was very cold,windy and slightly drizzling it down,it wasn't warm enough to sit outside
The staff who work at this establishment are very professional,polite,and i got served for food within a few mins.
The decor was very smart and inviting,the seating was very comfortable and the food when it came was pipping hot,and delicious.
I ordered a cheeseburger with chips,as well as a scone with butter for desert.
The price of these two meals were under £11.00 which i thought was very reasonable.
I also had two britivic orange juices which cost me only a few pounds
I wouldn't have no hesitation in recommending this restaurant to other TripAdvisor travelers who are visiting Torquay,its defiantly worth a visit.

Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

We had lunch here today, opted for the chicken burger with chips and salad. Was on the menu as chicken breast burger, what we got was a poor excuse for chicken breast, maybe there was some breast meat in it somewhere, it actually looked and tasted like a frozen processed chicken piece in a batter type coating, which was limp and soggy. The chips were few in number and poor in quality, the salad on the burger bun was chunks of pink lettuce!! the bun was of average size yet the filling didn't touch the edges. And it all looked as if the food was plated up by a monkey on drugs. Actually, had it been plated up by aforementioned primate, it may have looked more desirable. also all the sauces were branded Heinz etc however the bottles had been refilled with a catering substitute who's main ingredient was vinegar and every sauce tasted the same, I am guessing that they don't get much return custom.