“Delivery? a slow boat to China is quicker!”

upton cantonese takeaway
Ranked #230 of 336 Restaurants in Torquay
Cuisines: Chinese, Fast food, Asian
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Description: address of lymigton road
devon
“Delivery? a slow boat to China is quicker!”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 January 2014

The food I must say has always been good, when you get it! I write my review on the delivery, I had experienced in the past a few LONG delivery times, but tonight passed extreme. Ok its a Saturday night so I phone at 5.30p.m. and I am told food delivered within the hour, ok so I make that food delivered by 6.30 p.m??? 6.45 pm still no food, so I ring and ring and get told its on its way and will be delivered any min, ok live 5 min drive from take-a-way, yes ok I understand they have other deliveries, but 7.30 P.M still no food, and ring again, just as there is a knock on the door! sent him packing as the attitude stank, I mean 2 hours for a take-a-way! I would like to say the delivery was a one off, but am afraid it isn't, it has happened before, if it wasn't for the fact the food is good I wouldn't bother, and why bother with the delivery, cos its a Saturday night, and like most you work hard and want a drink at the end of the week along with a treat, so if you want your Saturday night treat to be an Upton take a way, GO FOR IT YOUR SELF, or don't bother!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank feeDevon

Stoke Fleming, null, United Kingdom
“Not bad at all”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

Got a delivery while staying at a friend's. Ordered quite a bit and turned up on time (even if the car was full to the brim with kids!) Hot tasty and would defo use again. All the people moaning about this place need a slap. The food was excellent and totally enjoyed it. Good work keep it up :-)

• Visited July 2013
“Best in Torquay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

Food great and plenty to choose from, always hot even when delivered. Delivered if you want for a small fee.

Visited July 2012
2 Thank PaulineM1
New York City, New York
“this take away or delivery service,is first class”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

gotta tel you we found this takeaway by mistake, what a mistake everytime we come here now we eat from here

Visited May 2012
2 Thank buzil
torquay
“Gone down hill”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2012

Used to be my favourite chinese takeaway in torquay, but recently has gone downhill fast. The food just isnt very nice anymore.

Visited May 2012