“Good value meals”

The Buccaneer Inn
Ranked #29 of 340 Restaurants in Torquay
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: A great Pub that does excellent value and quality 'Pub Food' with its own twist. Winner of St. Austell Brewery 'Cask Ale pub of the year 2012'. Recommended in the CAMRA Good Beer Guide 2014.
Swindon, United Kingdom
“Good value meals”
Reviewed 19 July 2014

This is a good value pub with great views. Menu is unexciting but hearty. Clean and friendly. What else is there to say?

Visited July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Korean first
paignton
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Definitely go here!!”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Amazing in every way. Make sure you go here for food and drinks. Best place to visit in the bay. I recommend the burger with blue cheese washed down with an ale or two. Just brilliant.

• Visited March 2014
Wigan, United Kingdom
“excellent”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed in babbacombe for three days and had our evening meals at The Buccaneer every day, very good value for money meals good, staff excellent

• Visited July 2014
Devon
“Fab Food and Company!!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I have lived in Torquay for four years and with my husband frequent The Buccaneer at least once a week. We find the atmosphere welcoming a bit like Cheers - where everyone knows your name. We have never had a bad meal and the portion size are great. A favourite of ours are the speciality burgers named after areas of Torquay. We have brought both sets of parents here for meals and they have especially enjoyed the seafood! My father-in-law as a committed member of CAMRA is very impressed with the quality of the real ales. I would recommend this pub to anyone visiting the bay! See you all on Saturday for my usual G&T!

Visited July 2014
Plymouth, United Kingdom
“BEST PUB IN THE BAY!!!”
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I have lived in Torbay my entire life and the only bad thing that I can say about this place is that it isn't within walking distance of my home!! We wish this pub was at the end of our road.....but then if it were it wouldn't enjoy the amazingly breath taking views I guess.

Everything about this pub is perfect; the customer service is second to none, the beers and other drinks are spot on and the food.....oh the food is just amazing. Whatever you are after from pub food to melt in your mouth delicious dinners the Bucc has it all.

We absolutely love this place and would probably spend every day here if we lived in Babbacombe!

The owners have really turned it around since they took it over and made it (in my opinion) the very best pub in the Bay......DO IT!! Oh and I forgot.....excellent value too!!

• Visited July 2014