“Home from home”

Ranked #124 of 148 Torquay B&B and Inns
Newport
“Home from home”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

From the moment we arrived we were treated exceptionally well. This is a family run hotel which is evident in how welcome you are made. I'm sure plenty of people would moan about slightly dated decor. But I think the fantastic breakfast of fresh fruit, cereals an full English plus the fact that each day the tea and coffee facilities and toilet rolls were replenished in our room each day. The bed was very comfortable with decent pillows, an plenty of spare blankets should we have needed them. It is only a twelve minute walk into torquay.
We had a great stay in this hotel and would defiantly stay there again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Reviewed 20 May 2013

What a fantastic little gem .. Just a short walk away from town and the beach . I can highly recommend this hotel /appts. It's a great get away that has all home amenities and friendly staff that can advise great days out. Fantastic for families. Clean , bright, spacious, great value for money . Highly recommended. *****

• Stayed May 2013
Gidea Park
Reviewed 24 March 2013 via mobile

Just returned from a long weekend's stay at the hotel. Owner was very friendly and knowledgable of the area. Rooms were very clean, bed very comfortable and there was a really powerful walk in shower which was a pleasant surprise! Will definitely return here next time we want to stay in Torquay. Great value!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank CFC2801
Macclesfield, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2012

myself and my husband and young son have been staying here every 6 months for the past few years ,we have always been made to feel welcome now as we did the first time we stayed .the holiday flat we stay in is room 3 it's a large room with all you need to have a good nights sleep if you have been out all day ,or just to chill out ,like we do having a young child .,breakfast is to a high standard ,although we have only ever stayed in one room. roy had always showed me what he's been doing since our last stay and all the rooms are to a high standard .the hotel is just out of town ,within walking distance .so you dont get the noise from town .will be using again and again and would recommend to anyone going to torquay

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2012

The owner was very friendly and helpful, the hotel was very homely and the beds are so comfortable! will definitely be staying there when I return to Torquay.The best fish and chips just down the road, couldn`t ask for anything more

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Dover, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 October 2012

This hotel provides excellent self catering facilities. The self catering apartments are spacious, clean and comfortable with wifi and flat screen TV's. The suite's which have separate bedrooms have TV's in each room (I have stayed in most of the apartments in this hotel) they all have modern walk in showers. The kitchen areas are well equipped with modern cookers, hobs, microwaves and fridge freezers. The owners and staff are very friendly and helpful providing a really good service. Parking is secure and off road and the garden is really pleasant.

I have nothing bad or negative to report about these self catering apartments.

Room Tip: Just tell the owner what is important to you and he will try to accomodate
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 October 2012

I have revisited the Ansteys Lea Hotel after my first visit last year. I was pleasantly surprised to find there were self catering apartments which I stayed in. All was brand new, nice and clean and I loved the huge TV! Owner was very helpful and I had a nice breakfast in the new dining room. I don't understand these negative reviews, and I will definitely be returning to this hotel again.

Room Tip: Go for the self catering apartments, they are spacious and modern.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends