Seascape Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$117
Marquis Hotel(Torquay)
US$126
US$145
PremierInn.com
All reviewscaledonian travelcreaking floorboardstribute weekendcoach holidaydining roomthree choicesstar hotelshower attachmentfloor boardsdouble and single bedsea viewmeal timeschristmas decorationsenjoyable weekendfull english breakfastpiping hottea coffee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Just returned from a National Holidays Monday to Friday stay at the Seascape. Wow! Excellent value. Good food. Polite staff...very kind to my disabled nephew. Super clean hotel. Gallons of hot water. Would definitely recommend.

Room Tip: You could pick up the wi-fi signal in rooms located above the wi-fi lounge.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
7  Thank glanfield7
Michelle L, General Manager at Seascape Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2013

Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for your review. I am very pleased that you found the staff polite and helpful and pleased to hear that you nephew was well looked after. Also thank you for your commments regarding the cleanliness its always nice when the housekeepings hard work gets recognised!

We do hope to see you agin in the near future.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

I would just like to thank all the staff at the seascape as I personally think they are all excellent, I cannot find a fault with this hotel food is great and staff very helpful. I have read back through some of the statements and can honestly say that I have stayed there many times and cannot say that it was a cold hotel if anything it is a hot hotel as heating never seems to go off.
Some hotels I stay in the heating is timed and if you get back early it is freezing as does not go on until 17.30 which is no good when you arrive back at 15.00.

Well done Seascape keep the good work up.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
7  Thank presley32

Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking the time to post a review. It is always nice when a guest that has stayed with us on numerous occasions post a review! The fact that you have been here several occasions speaks volumes itself. :)) I have passed on your positive commemts to all the staff and we hope that you come and see us yet again very soon!!

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Good service and very clean rooms on my recent weekend break. Staff in dining room excellent, as was the food.

Very little tea and milk provided in room, a small criticism. Will go again. Food excellent, varied and piping hot each meal

Room Tip: Quiet rooms on ground floor
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Claire W

Dear Reviewer

Thanky ou very much for your review and such a postive one at that! :)) I have passed on your comments regarding the food to our chef and the restaurant staff.

We do hope that you will visit us again soon!

Reviewed 6 May 2013

Stayed here on Just Go coach trip. Pros: Clean and comfortable room with tea/coffee facilities. Very helpful and efficient staff. Meals good quality, varied and filling. Cosy bar with some evening entertainment.

Cons: Famous squeaky floor boards tend to inhibit movement late evening/night. Small lift a bit of a squeeze when carrying luggage. Main road traffic occasionally a nuisance. WiFi limited to a single lounge should one wish to stay on business.

Overall: Would happily stay here again as none of the cons seriously impaired our enjoyment.

Room Tip: If possible request a room facing the rear of the hotel with a shower rather than a bath.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank John L

Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for your review, I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us. I appreciate that you shared a few cons but i am also pleased that you said that the few small matters did not affect your stay as most of which are out of my control.

Thank you again for sharing your views.

Reviewed 2 May 2013

The restaurant staff was nice and food was good, room was clean
The room was cold ( I now have a cough!! which ive not had one, all winter! )
on walking in there I was hit with the cold air! it was freezing in the morning and didn’t improve all the time I stayed there , so i had a system worked out Putting my winter jacket on, thermal socks and a quilt wrapped around my legs on having a cup of tea
the water didn't get hot until after 8am so having to go down to breakfast at that time you had no chance to have a hot shower!!
The water is MEANT to be on 24 hours!!!! This is not so!! .......
IT WAS NOT!!! Hot until after 8am ... this is the case, from where your room is! so my advice would be not to go below ground level.
The young receptionist with a child was very rude and talked down to me regarding this situation insinuating that I was stupid and didn't know how to operate a shower dial!!!! I must add i was not talking to her about this at the time I was talking to other guests to see if they had Hot water and she rudely interrupted our conversations from the stairs in the reception area and continue to be very rude!! This person needs to go to a school of manners and realise THAT the guests are ALWAYS RIGHT if it wasn’t a family run Hotel she would have got the sack for her attitude She was not only rude to me but other guests as well
On the up side I did get a mug for my morning tea and an extra quilt
all in all I would never go back there

Room Tip: 1st floor upward to get the best in hot water and heating
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank Brenda D
Michelle L, General Manager at Seascape Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2013

Thank you for review i am pleased that you found the restaurant staff to be good and efficient and that your room was cleam. I am sorry that you found the hotel cold but there was 90 other guests in during the same weekend and we didnt recieve any other complaints regarding the cold, the only other similar complaint we recieved was regarding the shower in one other room but once they had been shown how to operate it properly by the miantenance man as you were they had no futher complaints. The water as explained is not on a timer the heating is but the hot water is constant! I was not rude to you i was simmply informing you of this fact and i do not need to go to school of manners and i generally get very good feedback from the guests, it was just that you was at reception everyday intent on complaining about every small thing. The reason you got the mug and extra duvet was because it was arranged by me. I was not rude to any other guests at all and this is apparent by the fact the no-one else has suggested such a thing.

Regards