“excellent holiday for the price paid”
Review of Seascape Hotel

Seascape Hotel
Ranked #51 of 87 Hotels in Torquay
“excellent holiday for the price paid”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This was an exceptional holiday in as much as the coach driver, service staff,unseen cleaning staff and bar staff were each and every one a gem.
Management were on the ball and all went well.
Not being mobile uch it was great to use the lift.
Great value holiday . My wife and I would recommend and wish a return ....soon !!!

Room Tip: Room 5 1sr floor.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank John G
Michelle L, General Manager at Seascape Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much, for your review and such a positive one at that. Thank you for comments about the staff and the cleanliness of the hotel, and the management.

We always appreciate your kind comments and it makes our job worthwhile, its nice to know that the hard work the staff put in is appreciated.

Michelle Lyons

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I was booked into via a coach holiday. When my daughter read the reviews here about the hotel she was very concerned about the quality and conditions. If you are after 5 star top end quality please do not book here, you will be disappointed. Yes there are “defects” with the hotel but it is an old building and if you want The Dorchester then you would need to pay The Dorchester prices. If you are after friendly staff and a hotel with a family / homely feel then you have come to the right place. I can only speak as I find, I certainly had no problems with the dinner, breakfast or the room during my stay. The coach arrived late on the first evening and i found all the staff very accommodating and willing to go the extra mile. I would welcome a return visit.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank i_am_a_grockle
Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for posting your review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us, you are very right if you want 5* then 5* prices will need to be paid. We do not profess to be a 5 star hotel but we do provide excellent quality and service for our standard of hotel.
I am glad that you found the staff to be accommodating and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 June 2014

lovely 3 nights stay ,food spot on am and pm .staff work hard looked after us thank you very much for the nights we stayed d day week end, ps the man who sing sat night was a bit dated. would we go back yes

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank foodyumyum28
Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and you found the food to the staff to be very good.

We do hope that you will return.

Hagley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2014

The hotel was clean and staff friendly, meals on the basic side, no salads but on the whole okay. The hotel itself is a bit of a warren with lots of stairs and corridors but that all added to the atmosphere, the staff on the other hand were very friendly, we had a waiter named Ryan who was very helpful. I had a twin room, one bed was rock hard the other you could feel the springs so ended up sleeping on top of the duvet, the room it's self was spotless, the en suite was fine, hot shower and again spotlessly clean. Tea and coffee in the room. One item usually when I've stopped at other hotels have been served tea or coffee after dinner, if you wanted drinks they were served in bar you had to pay for them. The entertainment was murder mystery by the Candle light theatre group, they were fantastic great evening. On the whole had a great time except for the bed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Michelle L, General Manager at Seascape Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for posting your review. I am sorry that you found the bed to be uncomfortable; until this is brought to our attention we are not aware if there is any problems with the beds. As soon as we know there is an issue we do our utmost to resolve it, by turning the mattress or infact replacing it should it need it.
Thank you for your comments regarding the cleanliness we do have an excellent housekeeping team that work tirelessly to maintain the high standards.
We do serve tea and coffee in the bar at a small charge of £1.00 per cup as the coach companies now only request a 3 x course dinner. On a murder mystery weekends we also find that this is very beneficial to get the theatre company to carry on the plot in the main bar.

crewe
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We returned yesterday from a 3 day break at the Seascape on a Murder Mystery weekend with Just Go. First impressions of the hotel are that everywhere looks clean and fresh, the public rooms are warm and comfortable and the restaurant is spacious, we didn`t see any tables that looked too close together and it appeared that wherever you were seated you would not get hemmed in.
Our double room was more than adequate for our short stay, the room itself wasn`t that large but there was plenty of storage space to put everything and a lovely flat screen tv and hospitality tray for our use. We wanted to hire a remote control for the tv but reception were busy and we were told to come back after the evening meal, but we went out after dinner and by the time we got back there was nobody around so we managed with the manual controls but it would have been nice if a remote control was available initially.
The bathroom was ok, small but very clean but no shower curtain and no bath mat to step out of the bath onto so we had to use one of the hand towels, but the water was always piping hot and that for us was the main thing. The bed was very comfortable, quite firm which is suitable for me and although we were at the front of the hotel, there was no noise from outside as the hotel is situated a little way from the centre, but close enough to walk to the town or the harbour for most people. Anyone with walking difficulties would be advised to take a bus especially for the journey back as it is mostly uphill.
The entertainment for the murder mystery was very good, the theatre company arrived during dinner at 7pm and the players mingled themselves amongst the guests answering questions to enable us to establish characteristics about each one of them and later to try and solve who committed the `murder`. Apart from the entertainment value of the evening, it gave us coach passengers the opportunity of getting to know each other as we discussed clues amongst us.
We got a choice of menu for each meal which was ok but no salads were on the menu or cheese and biscuits for dessert, both of which I usually choose when I have stayed at other hotels, but the food I did have was good and came in adequate portions. My only criticism of the breakfast was that you could choose a full English breakfast that consisted of bacon, sausage, egg, fried bread, plus 2 accompaniments that changed daily, the first morning it was hash brown and beans, and the next morning it was hash brown and tomato. As I do not eat meat, I asked for 2 poached eggs with fried bread, hash brown and beans the first day, but only got 1 egg which I thought a bit mean seeing as I wasn`t having bacon or sausage, but didn`t say anything as I filled up with the round of toast that was provided along with the meal, but then the next day, I decided to just have poached eggs on toast for my breakfast which consisted of one round of toast on the plate along with 2 poached eggs, but when the toast was placed on the table there was only one round of toast given to my partner along with his full English meal. I assume that as I was having poached eggs on toast, that round of toast must have been the one I would have been given if I had chosen to have the fried bread and hash brown with my eggs instead, so I wasn`t able to have buttered toast along with my partner afterwards, but apart from that, the entire stay was quite pleasant and I would not mind staying here again at some time.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jmtigercrewe
Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for posting your review. I am pleased that you found the staff to be efficient and welcoming.
After the reception closes in the evening there is notice to state that if you require any assistance to go to the bar, as they have the remotes for anybody that requires them or to provide any other service. There is always someone on call 24hrs a day.
I am pleased also to see your rave reviews about the candlite theatre company, they are excellent and the murder mystery weekends sell very well and so far we have not had one disappointed guest, so any future guests looking to book on the murder mystery weekends definitely should without hesitation.

Thank you again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 June 2014

My mum and l stayed at the sea scape for a 5 day break,We were in room 30 facing front of hotel,even though we faced the road we never heard the traffic and slept very well in comfortable beds.The Room was clean and adiqet for our needs.The staff are very helpful and friendly,The food served in the dinning room was always hot and a good selection of choice.Our waiter David,was very friendly and Profectional in his manner.The Hotel is well situated,being very near the shops and the bus stops.and a short walk to the beach.This was our first time in Torquay and at the Seascape,we loved every minuet and would come back again

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank angelsun_12
Dear Reviewer

Thank you for your review and a very positive one at that. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed every aspect of your holiday from the food to the service received for all the staff.

We do hope that this certainly won’t be your only visit to Torquay as we look forward to welcoming you again very soon.

Thank you once again for your review.

runcorn
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Just got back from this hotel and want to say how nice and friendly the staff there are.
Nothing was too much trouble. The food served on the dining room was always hot and fresh and delicious.
Staff in the dining room were really efficient and our waiter Steven was very friendly
Beds were very very comfortable (thank goodness you have switched to duvets as opposed to blankets.) Our room was serviced every day..

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank margaretlilian
Dear Reviewer

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review. I am pleased that you felt the staff were friendly and efficient. Thank you also for your comments about Steve - I know he has read them too! :)

We do hope that you will come and see us again in the near future.