Seascape Hotel
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
US$103
PremierInn.com
All reviewscaledonian travelcreaking floorboardstribute weekendcoach holidaydining roomthree choicesstar hotelshower attachmentfloor boardsdouble and single bedsea viewmeal timeschristmas decorationsenjoyable weekendfull english breakfastpiping hottea coffee
Reviewed 4 July 2010

Where do I start ? Food disgusting, bedrooms cold, poor service, bad attitude from the management etc. I cut short my stay and booked into another (fine) hotel in Torquay.

I cannot believe that someone has said that they had a pleasant stay ! The place was absolutely appalling. No wonder they are rated 101st out of 123 hotels in Torbay. I shudder to think what numbers 102 to 123 are like !

Avoid it like the plague.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank johnathonwilson
Reviewed 9 June 2010

This Is the worst hotel me and my wife have ever stayed in with its outdated decor and poor quality food ( thank the lord that they were only child portions). I certainly would not go back and would not recomend it to anyone..

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank sparky1624
Reviewed 25 May 2010

This was a Short 3 night stay, superb value for money. The bedroom was adequate yet could possibly do with freshening up. The food was basic but cooked to perfection. The 2 waitresses "Nuala and Kasha" were fantastic , nothing was too much trouble for them. they were totally focused on the job in hand, and always had a happy disposition. The evening entertainment was good and we met some lovely friendly people during our stay.
We booked this trip with the "Coach Holiday Company" in Cheltenham and this being our very first coach holiday, we both thoroughly enjoyed it and would recommend the Seascape to anyone. Thank you for a great time
Geff and Chris Carson
Stoke on Trent

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Geffrey777
Reviewed 15 May 2010

Newmarket Holidays put us in this 2 star hotel, having promised 3 stars. Much too distant from Eden Project, which was the object of the trip. Hotel staff mostly pleasant helpful. Food absolutely DISGUSTING. Breakfast tea and coffee UNDRINKABLE. Like a bad boarding school dinner was served at 6.30pm and had to be selected the previous evening. No a la carte available. When I requested an instant coffee sachet I was charged 5p and told by the owner "it should be much more, these are very expensive". On the day of departure no hot water. I suspect turning off the water heating system is a regular occurrence as there is not sufficient time for guests to complain prior to leaving the hotel for onward journey. Newmarket Holidays clients should register their dissatisfaction.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
9  Thank LondonSusanSM
Reviewed 9 May 2010

I have just returned from a short stay at the Seascape and whilst it is true that it is some way from the sea, this is true of many other hotels in Torquay. The furnishings and decor were in excellent order. My single room did not have a view, but then not all rooms in a building can face the sea. The window had an attractive net curtain and as the room was so pleasant it was not necessary to look out.

The staff, including the lovely lady who cleaned my room, were all friendly and made you feel that they were pleased that you had come to stay in “their” hotel. The food was plentiful and well up to the standard that should be expected from a 2* hotel.

Congratulations to the owners for setting such high standards and to the staff for maintaining them.

• Stayed: May 2010