“Excellent value in Torquay”
Review of The Meadfoot Bay

The Meadfoot Bay
Ranked #2 of 88 Hotels in Torquay
Lytham
“Excellent value in Torquay”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Booked a double and two singles at this hotel, the singles are reasonably sized unlike some reviewers think (what do they want for their money?). The hotel is spotless and very comfortable and in a very quiet location but a short distance from both the beach and the town. The breakfast is fantastic you wouldn't believe the range of items available. We were struck by the friendly welcome, being offered tea or coffee after our journey and the helpfulness of all the family owners. Definitely excellent value and thoroughly recommended. Try the Thatched Tavern at Maidencombe for your evening meal.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
Macclesfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2012 via mobile

You get a very wrm welcome by this family run hotel everybody was very nice and very knowledgeable of the area.

The rooms are modern and very clean.

Located a short walk just out of the centre of town.

The views were amazing from our verander.

It was real value for money. Would definitely stay there again if I'm down this way.

• Stayed June 2012
Dorset, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 June 2012

My Wife and I have just returned from this lovely hotel, spotlessly clean, good fresh food, very quiet location and hosts who made us feel very welcome with nothing being to much trouble for them. It is decorated to a very high standard with thick pile carpets which reduces foot noise and lovely period furniture in public rooms.
It is one of the best hotels we have stayed in. We are seasoned travellers and have stayed in many hotels throughout the world. There are things missing like room service and no food after breakfast being available but we knew this when we booked and accept it. But what the owners do they do very well.
Thank you all for a memorable stay heres to next time

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
London
Reviewed 9 June 2012

We have just returned from spending four nights at Meadfoot Bay and have thoroughly enjoyed ourselves despite the typical British weather! Chris, Caroline and Gary were superb hosts and made us feel welcome as soon as we stepped through the door and throughout our stay. We stayed in the St Andrew's Suite and I had the best night's sleep I have ever had on holiday. The jacuzzi bath was fabulous -I want one! We came with our teenage twins and their grandmother and they were very happy too. The decor in the hotel is beautiful and is in an ideal location which is quiet yet convenient to the Town Centre to explore the local attractions. Look forward to coming back. Thank you.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 24 May 2012

I have just returned from a wondeful stay at The Meadfoot Bay Hotel in Torquay and had great time. My partner and I were doing a tour of the south west of England and stayed for 7 days in Torquay as it was the perfect location to access areas in Devon but also Cornwall as well. The Meadfoot Bay Hotel was perfect and we got a great deal by booking online on their website. We booked their brand new ground floor superior room and it was beautiful. The room is massive with every little comfort that you can think of. The finish of the room is quite outstanding and the bathroom is gorgeous. My partner and I loved the his and hers sinks, the walk in wet room style shower and the infra-red activated mirrors! In the room it was the little extras we loved like the ipod docking station, the bedside reading lights, the welcome sherry in the room - just everything that we could have wanted - the room had it! Another great aspect of this hotel is the free wi-fi. As mentioned we were doing a tour of the south west and we often had to pay extra for Wi-Fi, it is free at The Meadfoot Bay and was the fastest internet we had all holiday. The breakfast at the hotel is quite outstanding. Everything is cooked to order on the day with fresh local produce used which you can really tell as it was the best breakfast we had on our entire vacation. Final note of thanks to Chris, Caroline and Gary, you really made our stay special and you were the perfect hosts!

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank Justin B
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 15 May 2012

I stayed at Meadfoot Bay for two nights at the end of April after a long drive from York through heavy rain and wind. I arrived about 45 minutes before the traditional check-in time but the host was very gracious, providing tea while he insured the rooms were ready. The room was spacious and clean with a nice view of Meadfoot Bay. The breakfast was fantastic, with a wide variety of fresh buffett items ranging from home made cereal, fresh rolls and various meats/cheeses to fresh watermelon and pineapple. In addition, made to order hot breakfasts were professionally prepared and were great. Free ample parking and within a 10 minute walk of the city center. The hotel is in a nice, quiet neighborhood and is very reasonably priced. I highly recommend Meadfoot Bay and will certainly stay there again when I return to Torquay.

Room Tip: Upgrade to a deluxe room with private deck and ocean views.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank JimMaura
UK
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I booked a one night stay for business over the phone with Chris.. was most impressed they take American Express (does not always happe especially with smaller establishments). Parking was free. On arrival I was met by Chris who checked my in, explained about how to get in / out with the door alarm system and helped me to my room. Room was good, tastefully decorated and nice bathroom with lots of complimentary toiletries. I had a glass of wine at the bar. Only problems I faced were my computer did not like their wifi.. Gary was great in helping to sort this out and it was fine the next day when I left! They also only serve breakfast here which was great.. I went to the Osborne on their recommendation for dinner which was not bad.. but it's a shame they do not have this here. Overall a good stay and I will stay here again as I have always had a problem with finding good hotels in Torquay!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business