I recently had the pleasure of staying at this wonderful small family run hotel. With busy lives, a hectic schedule and with two young children we have really struggled to get away to celebrate our anniversary in the last few years. This year we decided we would and the perfect solution was to not travel too far from home so decided on Torquay. The choice was quite overwhelming but after reading a lot of reviews and looking at many websites we chose The Meadfoot Bay. We wanted a smaller hotel / Guest House and not anything too big but definitely larger than a one or two bedroom B&B.
The hotel did not disappoint and we were made to feel so welcome from the start to the end of our stay. The hotel is run by a family of 3 and they put the heart and soul into making the hotel a truly wonderful place to stay. We booked the new Signature Suite with Terrace and I can safely say it is the best room we have ever stayed in. Everything has been thought of and the attention to detail quite unbelievable. It was the cleanest room I have ever stayed in and this was especially pleasing as we have to have a clean place to stay when away.
The room has everything you could want with its own terrace to sit out and enjoy the sunshine. The bathroom is also gorgeous tiled top to bottom with all modern appliances. It has a walk in wet room style shower and a large bath from which you can watch your own TV in the Bath! Amazing. The room had great little other touches including a welcome drink, leather sofa to watch the massive LCD TV, an ironing centre and even an Ipod Speaker dock!
The hotel lounges are very elegant and the perfect place to relax, I really liked how the owners have struck the perfect balance of keeping the lounges very in keeping with the style of the Victorian Villa but have made the bedrooms modern. We enjoyed a pitcher of Pimms in the hotel bar before heading out for dinner at The Elephant Restaurant which was also amazing and is highly recommended.
Breakfast the next morning was cooked to order and you could tell it was fresh. I have never seen such a large selection. Many thanks to all and hope to come back again next year!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Meadfoot Bay is an award-winning family run Bed & Breakfast situated in the stunning conservation area of Meadfoot, just a stroll from Meadfoot Beach and a short walk from Torquay harbour. There is a large selection of different room types available including our Classic Rooms, Premier Rooms, Deluxe Rooms and our 3 gorgeous Suites. We have just won the AA Breakfast Award for our breakfast which is prepared using all local produce and everything cooked to order to guarantee freshness. After 9 years constant refurbishment and hard work The Meadfoot Bay has been awarded the Highly Commended Award by The AA. As a result we have proudly achieved a place in the top 10% of our 4 star guest accommodation rating. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you to The Meadfoot Bay in the near future. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your The Meadfoot Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Meadfoot Bay Hotel Torquay
- Meadfoot Bay Torquay
- Meadfoot Bay Hotel Torquay
- The Meadfoot Bay Torquay, Devon