After searching through numerous hotels and not having a lot of luck my daughter suggested that we try using trip advisor. Well I have to tell you that it was the best thing we did.
My husband and I wanted a hotel that could provide good service, was clean and had good food. This was to be our first break as a couple for a number of years. Well I can tell you that if you are reading this look no further. This hotel is amazing! It is exactly as described by all the other excellent reviews you see. The place is so clean that you could walk around barefoot.
We were welcomed by Chris with a drink when we arrived and he left us to enjoy this before booking in. My husband had booked and requested a room without having to climb too many stairs as I had recently had a knee operation. This is exactly what we received.
I must mention the breakfast that was provided and thank Caroline who cooked an amazing breakfast every morning and the rest of the buffet breakfast left us spoilt for choice. If you book try the homemade muesli and artistic yogurts!
In the evening we made use of the small bar that was provided for residents. Gary was the perfect host and was a mind of information on the best eating places around. By the way if you read this Gary the fish and chips at Babbacombe were great!
Thank you once again and we will be back!!
P.S. Congratulations on your latest 5 star rating for food we spotted on the door which was awarded while we were residents. Very well deserved!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Meadfoot Bay is an award-winning family run Bed & Breakfast situated in the stunning conservation area of Meadfoot, just a stroll from Meadfoot Beach and a short walk from Torquay harbour. There is a large selection of different room types available including our Classic Rooms, Premier Rooms, Deluxe Rooms and our 3 gorgeous Suites. We have just won the AA Breakfast Award for our breakfast which is prepared using all local produce and everything cooked to order to guarantee freshness. After 9 years constant refurbishment and hard work The Meadfoot Bay has been awarded the Highly Commended Award by The AA. As a result we have proudly achieved a place in the top 10% of our 4 star guest accommodation rating. We look forward to hopefully welcoming you to The Meadfoot Bay in the near future. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and Hotel.de so you can book your The Meadfoot Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Meadfoot Bay Hotel Torquay
- Meadfoot Bay Torquay
- Meadfoot Bay Hotel Torquay
- The Meadfoot Bay Torquay, Devon