The Meadfoot Bay
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
US$104
PremierInn.com
All reviewssignature suitedecanter of sherryon arrivalspa bathprivate terracefamily run hotelcooked breakfastdeluxe roomcold meatswet roomwelcome drinkfantastic stayhigh standardfull englishbreakfast was amazingsmall hotellovely hotel
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I booked the ground floor single room. Which is pretty basic but em suite all was ok until the toilet flooded and I had to use towels to mop it up there is no phone in the room to contact reception which is not manned till 8am Eventually the
Owners son was helpful but the owner called it a minor incident
The hotel is locked all day which is weird so great breakfast but not a happy experience

• Stayed: August 2014
4  Thank uxonion
Reviewed 21 August 2014

A flying visit but still made to feel very welcome.
On arrival we were offered fresh coffee and given time to relax from our journey. The room was clean and well presented.
The staff were very friendly and helpful in giving ideas of walks and places to go.
The breakfast was outstanding and I can honestly say I've never seen such a choice in all the places that I have stayed.
Would definitely recommend highly and hope to visit again.
Thank you.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Excellent hotel. Fantastic staff and room. I would highly recommend booking into this establishment if you are staying in Torquay. Situated near Meadfoot beach and a small stroll from Torquay town centre itself, I was really impressed. Great cooked breakfast too. I will return. :-)

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 August 2014

My boyfriend and I came back from Torquay yesterday. We visited Meadfoot bay from Thursday to Sunday for our 5 year anniversary and had the best time! We arrived an hour early for check in but had a warm welcome anyway and was given tea/coffee and biscuits whilst we waited.....this was only for about 10 mins and our room was ready early! :) The room was beautiful (We stayed in the suite with a terrace), we had rose petals on the bed and around the room, welcome alcoholic drinks and the terrace was lovely! The extra little touches just made it perfect! To also say the room was very clean!! The bathroom was amazing, lovely shower and a big bath with a tele! Slippers, dressing gowns, soft towels, a decent hair dryer, a v v comfy bed and plenty of hangers were also given which was lovely and something that is rare compared to other hotels we have visited. Breakfasts were incredible...so much food! and sooo much variety! Have got to say the sausages were the best! The breakfast service was brilliant too, always welcomed with a smile and can see they all work hard to provide such a good service. On our anniversary we were presented with a lovely yogurt with a heart shape and the number 5 in it....a lovely gesture! Location is perfect, short walk away from torquay front and 2 mins away from meadfoot bay beach! Security is good too, need a key to get into the main door plus a code to enter also! Overall its a lovely family run hotel and I would definitely recommend and will hopefully be returning soon.

Room Tip: The suite with a terrace is definitely recommended....beautiful!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tipperdanielsk
Reviewed 15 August 2014

My husband and I stayed in this family run hotel for two nights as the last leg of our holiday to the West Country.

The hotel is situated on Meadfoot Road, and is in a delightful leafy area a short distance from the sea and just a little away from the main bustling town of Torquay.

Upon arrival at the hotel we were welcomed by the owner with a lovely cup of tea and biscuits served in the lounge. After our journey from Falmouth it was just what we needed.

Our accomodation was in a standard room on the first floor with a large front facing window and view to the fine properties opposite. As we had heavy luggage, the owner's son Gary helped us to carry them upstairs. In the room we found a little bottle of their very own Meadfoot sherry and glasses as another welcome gift. Nice touch!!

The room and the bathroom were clean and well equipped with a walk-in shower. The room is dominated by a large and very comfortable bed. There are enough hangers available in the wardrobe and a decent TV.
The only thing we didn't have was a fan to cool the room, so we asked to borrow one and a after short intervall we were handed their own office fan. Were nice of them.

On our first evening we walked to the city for dinner having asked Gary to recommended a few restaurants. We choose the Amici Italian restaurant that first night and on the second the newly opened Rock Fish. Both of them have lovely, tasty food and efficient friendly service.

There is a nice personnel feel to breakfast served entirely by Chris. The first morning I asked for a slice of lemon for my tea. The following morning I found the slice of lemon on our table already, without asking.

On our last evening we enjoyed a glass of house red on the front terrace and the landlady, Caroline, who joined us for a chat. We were both struck by how generous all the family are with their time and energy for their guests.
We are planning to go back to that area one day and for sure we'd aim to stay in this hotel.

Room Tip: Our Standard room has a view to a hillside with properties on it and to their own car park.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple