“Excellent”

Ranked #37 of 89 Hotels in Torquay
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 November 2013

This was our second visit to this hotel and were not disappointed on either occasion ,Debbie and Wayne are fabulous hosts very friendly,we were made to feel welcome as soon as we arrived .Nothing is too much trouble for them ,rooms are airy clean and the beds very comfy,good choice of breakfast available all freshly cooked ,we will definitely be returning.

• Stayed November 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Somerset
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed for one night and had a pleasant experience. The room was clean and had complimentary tea/coffee/hot cocolate and biscuits, and toiletries were also provided. The owners were friendly and very helpful, and we enjoyed a tasty full english breakfast in the light and airy dining room. The only negative was negotiating the steep drive on arrival, but that's no reflection on the overall experience. It only took 5 minutes to walk down hill to the town centre, so it's very convenient too.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed for 5 nights, and everything was exceptional. The owners Wayne and Debbie bend over backwards to make every aspect of your stay as pleasant and helpful as possible. They were so kind in helping us with where to go for the best restaurant meals and attractions in the area, and providing special discount vouchers for us to save money at most places we went to! Nothing was too much trouble!! The owners here really go the extra mile. Also the hotel is in an excellent location just a 2 minute walk to town and some of the best restaurants in torquay. I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Phillip Z
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

when we arrived parking at hotel was very difficult. Went into reception and noticed a musky smell. Went up to room it was very small. Headboard on bed was taped together with tape. Hair on bedding Room generally not very clean. Asked to be moved to another room which they did but at an additional cost of 70 pounds in cash. The room was bigger went to bed that night and found the matress was collapsed on one side which over one night gave me severe back pains. The following night we folded the bed throw and put on collapsed side of bed which made no difference. Cut short our holiday. As leaving saw owners told them about matress and room. They said they would move us again put a that point we just wanted to leave. They gave us back our 70 pounds but offered us no additional refund or apology and said that they had no idea that the matress was in that condition but refused to take me up on my offer to go to the room and inspect the matress with me.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Margaret H
braddon123, Owner at Braddon Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
I would like to thank the guest for taking the trouble to post such a detailed review. However, there are a few points I would like to raise. Firstly, the guests booked our smallest room for £45 per night. This rate was for two people and included breakfast, VAT and commission paid to Booking.com. It is a compact room and we make that clear at all times.

We did agree to move the guests when they asked for a bigger room and the room we offered was more expensive hence the extra charge. The guests did not then raise any issues about the room afterwards. I only saw them as they were exiting the hotel. They mentioned the mattress then but I didn’t demand that they showed me as I did not want them to feel that I was questioning what they were saying. The guest was forceful to the point of annoyed and made very personal remarks about the car I drove, the point of which I didn’t fully understand. I should mention at this point that the weather had been quite poor and I have a nagging suspicion that this had a great deal to do with their desire to leave early; picking holes in the hotel was a very effective way of ensuring a refund which otherwise would not have been forthcoming.
We try are upmost to please and the mattress which is a pocket sprung ,if this had been their problem could of been changed or a new room given but was not told about any of this until leaving .
Farnborough, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

My husband and I stayed at Braddon Hall for 2 nights at the end of August.
The proprietors of this establishment are exceptional in their delivery of customer service. Nothing is too much to ask for.
And the breakfast is outstanding. Even when I wanted pancakes bacon and poached eggs which I know is weird. .. I got it . ... With a smile and a wee bit of banter.

We had a great time in Torquay and our stay at Braddon Hall topped our holiday off.
Try this little diamond. I promise you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed August 2013
London, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

From the moment we pulled up outside we were made to feel really welcome!
The room was excellent, spacious, enough room for the three of us.
Breakfast doesn't come any better.
Top hotel, loved Torquay, can't wait to go back.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reading, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

From the minute we booked with Deborah who helped with our two 90 year old mum's and my friend's small dog ,on arrival Wayne was there to help with mum's and luggage nothing was to much trouble and he smiled all the way through .room's were very clean, light and airy .décor through out was lovely. They were both very knowledgeable about the area and what was going on. .Breakfast was excellent and so fresh(fruit salad was delicious) Wayne took our mum's into town as they couldn't walk it,he met us on the harbour .So close to everything our mum's want to know when there going back to there lovely hotel .We will stay longer new time .Thank you Wayne and Deborah and mum

Room Tip: Speak to Deborah and she will find something to suit your needs .