“Lovely”

Ranked #38 of 88 Hotels in Torquay
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

My partner and I have stayed here twice over the past couple of years. It is a little pricey for us but would certainly stay again. If you can request the largest room, I would recommend doing so as the second time we stayed, we were slightly disappointed with getting a smaller room. There is plenty of space in the rooms, the beds are a decent size (two singles pushed together), lovely colour theme and nice clean bathrooms.The couple that run it are very nice, breakfast is great! The location is perfect as only a short walk to the main shops. The hotel drive is a bit difficult on your first attempts but the owners happily guide you in and out if required.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Started for one night, lovely room very clean and very comfy bed :-) breakfast good apart from my sausage which was raw in the middle :-( otherwise very nice, ideal location and brilliant pubs especially the hole in the wall which was lovely would definitely stay there again :-)

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank Beckiebootross
braddon123, Owner at Braddon Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 25 February 2014
Thank you for a lovely review and so glad you enjoyed your stay and would return. I am so sorry to hear about your raw sausage, I can not understand why you would of had a raw sausage served as all the sausages are cooked in the oven and the reading on the probe is between 90-99 which is way above what they should be so I know they should be well cooked also 1 is always cut open to be checked.. I wish you had highlighted this at the time to Wayne as we would rather know straight away. I appreciate your feed back on this. We really look forward to return and hopefully we will fulfil everything for you.
somerset
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This is our 4th stay and everytime has been consistently good. Rooms are modern and clean. Breakfast is lovely and the owners are great! We have stayed in many hotels in Torquay and braddon hall is definitely the best. We shall definately be back

• Stayed November 2013
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This was our second visit to this hotel and were not disappointed on either occasion ,Debbie and Wayne are fabulous hosts very friendly,we were made to feel welcome as soon as we arrived .Nothing is too much trouble for them ,rooms are airy clean and the beds very comfy,good choice of breakfast available all freshly cooked ,we will definitely be returning.

• Stayed November 2013
Somerset
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We stayed for one night and had a pleasant experience. The room was clean and had complimentary tea/coffee/hot cocolate and biscuits, and toiletries were also provided. The owners were friendly and very helpful, and we enjoyed a tasty full english breakfast in the light and airy dining room. The only negative was negotiating the steep drive on arrival, but that's no reflection on the overall experience. It only took 5 minutes to walk down hill to the town centre, so it's very convenient too.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We stayed for 5 nights, and everything was exceptional. The owners Wayne and Debbie bend over backwards to make every aspect of your stay as pleasant and helpful as possible. They were so kind in helping us with where to go for the best restaurant meals and attractions in the area, and providing special discount vouchers for us to save money at most places we went to! Nothing was too much trouble!! The owners here really go the extra mile. Also the hotel is in an excellent location just a 2 minute walk to town and some of the best restaurants in torquay. I would highly recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Phillip Z
Isle of Wight, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 October 2013

when we arrived parking at hotel was very difficult. Went into reception and noticed a musky smell. Went up to room it was very small. Headboard on bed was taped together with tape. Hair on bedding Room generally not very clean. Asked to be moved to another room which they did but at an additional cost of 70 pounds in cash. The room was bigger went to bed that night and found the matress was collapsed on one side which over one night gave me severe back pains. The following night we folded the bed throw and put on collapsed side of bed which made no difference. Cut short our holiday. As leaving saw owners told them about matress and room. They said they would move us again put a that point we just wanted to leave. They gave us back our 70 pounds but offered us no additional refund or apology and said that they had no idea that the matress was in that condition but refused to take me up on my offer to go to the room and inspect the matress with me.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Margaret H
braddon123, Owner at Braddon Hall Hotel, responded to this review, 10 October 2013
I would like to thank the guest for taking the trouble to post such a detailed review. However, there are a few points I would like to raise. Firstly, the guests booked our smallest room for £45 per night. This rate was for two people and included breakfast, VAT and commission paid to Booking.com. It is a compact room and we make that clear at all times.

We did agree to move the guests when they asked for a bigger room and the room we offered was more expensive hence the extra charge. The guests did not then raise any issues about the room afterwards. I only saw them as they were exiting the hotel. They mentioned the mattress then but I didn’t demand that they showed me as I did not want them to feel that I was questioning what they were saying. The guest was forceful to the point of annoyed and made very personal remarks about the car I drove, the point of which I didn’t fully understand. I should mention at this point that the weather had been quite poor and I have a nagging suspicion that this had a great deal to do with their desire to leave early; picking holes in the hotel was a very effective way of ensuring a refund which otherwise would not have been forthcoming.
We try are upmost to please and the mattress which is a pocket sprung ,if this had been their problem could of been changed or a new room given but was not told about any of this until leaving .