“The best B&B iv ever stayed in”
Review of Ravenswood

Ravenswood
Ranked #45 of 149 Torquay B&B and Inns
Cannock, United Kingdom
“The best B&B iv ever stayed in”
Reviewed 8 May 2013

I stayed at the Ravenswood Hotel for 2 weeks over Easter and had an amazing time. Ashley and Kathy are wonderful hosts who are very welcoming and truely looked after me throughout my stay.
Upon arrival they helped me with my luggage and free parking - which is just a minute walk away from the b&b on a secure car park. The room i stayed in had recently been refurbished so it was really modern, the bed was huge and really comfortable, there was a flat screen tv and loads of space. Tea and coffee making facilities are available in the room which was replenished every day for me, along with a chocolate and some biscuits. Upon arrival Kathy made me a cup of tea and brought me mini eggs and cakes which i thought was so lovely after a 3 hour journey from the midlands.
Breakfast was delicious and cooked to order every morning which a wide variety from cereals to fresh fruit salad to a full english. Kathy and Ashley were so helpful during my stay and recommended me places to visit and eat out at. One day i arrived home soaking wet after a day working out in the rain and they welcomed me at the door and took my coat to dry it for me, and made me a hot drink, I could really not have asked for better hosts and i didnt want to go home.
It was only a short 5 minute walk away from town and along the way there is several bars and resturants so location wise it is perfect.
I cant wait to stay here again and would definetely recommend it to anyone who was looking for somewhere to stay in Torquay.
Thanks Kathy and Ashley :)

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
3 Thank Becky P
avpwilliams, Owner at Ravenswood, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
Thank you for your review Kathy and I are so glad you enjoyed your stay sorry for such a late response. We hope to welcome you again in the future. Ashley and Kathy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Reviewed 21 April 2013 via mobile

We stayed there and they were so welcoming and a lovely couple. It was my other halfs birthday and they left a box of chocolates for him on the bed as well. Breakfasts was fab! If we visit torquay again will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2013

nice friendly couple , lovely breakfast plenty of choice and asked if wanted anymore before kitchen closed.
we stayed in room 7 nice and clean with a chocolate mint left every day of stay , decor a little dated , bed nice and comfy
would stay again when in torquay

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
avpwilliams, Owner at Ravenswood, responded to this review, 16 September 2014
ps New en suite now installed fully tiled with glass door no more shower curtain
Uk
Reviewed 15 March 2013

Very friendly owners who couldn't do enough for us. Lovely breakfast using quality ingredients. Nice comfy bed. Great location. Would definately go there again. Very good value for money. Had a great stay there and the hospitality at the ravenswood made our stay even more enjoyable.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank surfpuppet
avpwilliams, Owner at Ravenswood, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Kathy and I try our best to ensure everyone has a pleasant stay.So nice to get your comments about the food as we only use free range eggs and quality produce and brands.
Thr recent addition of full double glazing throughout the hotel goes towards a quiet nights sleep.
Look forward to seeing you again when you are next in the area.
Plymouth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2013

We arrived way after check out time and the hosts waited up for us. They give you keys to your room and the front and back door so you can come and go as you please. The room was small and the amount of pine was disappointing and it could do with plug sockets near the mirror. Then bed however was so comfortable and she sheets were lovely and soft. The decor in the room didn't really go.. The carpet/curtains etc.. But who the hell cares? They provide tea and coffee things and biscuits aswell as chocolates on the bed.. Which were bleh as I despise dark chocolate but it's the thought that counts. The bathroom was small and a bit creaky and makeshift looking but it served its purpose! In the morning we came down for breakfast quite late and drank all the juice they had on offer! We had been out clubbing so were a bit thirsty. Anyways, the guy comes in jokes with us etc very nice and friendly then offers us a cooked breakfast! Awh yes!!! The gave me an extra hash brown because I didn't like tomatoes or mushrooms and the cooked the bacon exactly right! Every other place I've been to has served it like it was ham. The lady whose name I've also forgotten was really polite and genuine the have a dog too who is very small, old and well trained.. Very very sweet.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank hannah_Patrick
avpwilliams, Owner at Ravenswood, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Thank you for your review.
Glad you had a good stay and we hope you retrieved your shoes and phone from the nightclub,
Since your stay we have now had double glazing installed throughout and refurbished another 2 rooms. Kathy and I only purchased the business 7 months ago and are bringing the rooms up to date one by one.
If you are in the area again we hope you stay with us so you can see the ongoing changes we are making
Cornwall
Reviewed 23 January 2013

Had a lovely long weekend stay here and really enjoyed ourselves. Kathy and Ashley looked after us extreemly well , from parking our car on arrival to providing an excellent breakfast cooked to order. The room was spacious and clean with a welcoming tea tray and with the location being close to shops and restaurants the Ravenswood provided a great base for a weekend away with friends.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank BassplayerCornwall
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2013

Stayed here for a weekend away with some friends a few years ago, and the Ravenswood was very good. Clean, friendly and well located for the seafront. I would definatly recommend a visit here. The rooms were clean and spacious, and the breakfast was very good too.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
avpwilliams, Owner at Ravenswood, responded to this review, 21 January 2013
Thank you for your comments Kathy and I try to make everyones stay as enjoyable as possible .
A quick weekend break or a couple of weeks summer holiday we try to cater for everyone,
and we strive to ensure your stay is a happy and memorable one
regards