“excellent”
Review of Ravenswood

Ravenswood
Ranked #50 of 149 Torquay B&B and Inns
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Great welcome , great room, great breakfast ! Just back from a 3 night stay - I'd there is a better hotel in Torquay I would love to see it . perfect , thank you for your superb hospitality .be back soon

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank stevecartwright123
avpwilliams, Owner at Ravenswood, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2014

Thank you for your review Kathy and I are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you again in the future. Ashley and Kathy

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Just spent two nights in this great little b&b. It's run by a lovely couple (Ashley & Kathy) who really do make you feel welcome. The whole place was very clean and as the title states the breakfast was wonderful, plenty of choice and good quality ingredients. Ideally placed right by the Harbour and various tourist attractions. We stayed in room 1 at the back with no view which was a shame and I didn't like the door of the en-suite which was a louver door, so I didn't feel comfortable using the toilet as it felt there was no real privacy. I would happily recommend a stay here though as the hospitality, cleanliness and food cannot be faulted.

• Stayed: August 2014

Thank you for your review Kathy and I are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We hope to welcome you again in the future. We are trying to find a solid door to address the issue you raised. Ashley and Kathy

Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

Just arrived back from a lovely stay very welcoming and friendly great location close to shops and bay lovely breakfast with good choice and very accommodating to our daughters dietary needs
Definitely stay again on our next visit :)

• Stayed: August 2014

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My hubby & I stayed at Ravenswood for 4 nights and could not fault the hotel. We had a great welcome from Ashley and Kathy and from the moment we arrived nothing was too much trouble. There's parking at the rear (free) and we never used the car until we were ready to come home. Ravenswood is in a great position, a short walk to the harbour with lots of eating places on the way and around the area. Easy to walk into the town & cinema etc. We got the ferry to Brixham one day (£2 return!!) then a bus into Paignton another day.

Food in the hotel was superb, piping hot and whatever combination of cooked food you wanted, plus I really enjoyed the fresh fruit salad each morning. Also plenty of cereals, yoghurts, jams, bananas etc and a toaster so you could help yourself, plus fresh coffee which hubby loved.

The room was spotless and cleaned every day and a very comfy double bed. We overlooked the park which was nice, but hot while we were there so couldn't decide whether to shut the window (double glazed) to keep the traffic noise out at night or leave it open to get some air in!

I even had a phone call on our way home as I'd left my make up bag in the bathroom and Ashley told me he'd post it on, really grateful for that!

A great place to stay and I would certainly recommend this to anyone looking to stay in Torquay,

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Babs_Phil

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Welcome was efficient and easy. Room (for 3) was great with a separate room including TV and wash basin. Main double bedroom had an ensuite shower room. Everything in the 'hotel' was spotlessly clean and the manager & his wife were lovely-nothing was too much trouble, day or night. Breakfast was brilliant and served in a lovely sunny room. My 3year old grandson even had a teddy bear piece of toast! We sat out on the little terrace at the front of the hotel with our glasses of wine in the evening. Apart from the traffic noise which obviously can't be helped this was a great place to stay in Torquay. Pity it isn't a hotel offering evening meals and a lounge bar but at least we didn't have to worry about having a young child with us!

Room Tip: Perhaps ask for a room at the back if traffic noise worries you (but the view wouldn't be as goo...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 24 July 2014

Easy to find, plenty of free parking.
Genuine, friendly, helpful owners.
Perfectly presented., clean and tidy family room for us to stay in.
Delicious breakfast tailored to our needs/requests.
Family room was a little hot but a fan was provided.

Room Tip: Family room suited us perfectly with a double room and a separated single room. It was on the road s...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Millsbomb

Reviewed 23 July 2014

I have just returned from my third delightful visit to Ravenswood. I said in 2012 that Kathy & Ashley would make a success of Ravenswood & they have proved me right. They put a great deal of effort into making my stay truly fabulous & wonderful. I am looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo