Riviera Lodge Hotel Torquay
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
The Cimon(Torquay)
  • Pool
All reviewshot tubcarsten leepool areacompact roomexcellent hotelwould highly recommend this hotelhotel is spotlessly cleanwell stocked barnothing is too much troublesuperb hostsshort breakplaces to visitfirst classporridgesecond to nonetown centrelittle touches
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 June 2012

The hotel is quiet and peaceful. I have never known a hotel so well-decorated and clean. Rooms and public areas are tastefully decorated, and there is usually lovely jazz playing in the background. The breakfasts are wonderful and include full English, porridge and fruit. I particularly liked the well-produced, grammatically correct notices, so rare nowadays! Owners and staff were appropriately friendly and polite.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MinnieKeats
Reviewed 9 June 2012

Fantastic Hotel, I am not sure what more I can say about this hotel that has not already been said. The food was excellent both the breakfast and the evening meals. The hospitality was second to none Carsten and Lee made us feel very much at home they were the perfect hosts. The lounge and bar area was a very comfortable to sit quietly and read or to socialise the choice was yours. The décor and furniture was faultless. Our room was immaculate. It was just a shame that the weather was not good enough for us to try out the pool. This hotel is a true gem. We will most certainly be back. Thank you for making our stay one to remember. Carol and Dave Veal

Room Tip: Contact the hotel direct
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 June 2012

My husband, son and myself stayed at this hotel over the jubilee weekend, as we were attending a wedding. From the start we were pleasantly surprised and the whole weekend was brilliant; the breakfast was spot on and there were so many choices apart from full English. The rooms very clean and the décor and furnishings were faultless. I cannot emphasise enough how lovely the owner’s hospitality was.
At check out our son had stayed out in Torquay the evening before, but Carsten and Lee concisely, politely and with a certain degree of humour dealt with us. When we left I actually started booking in my mind how quickly we could get back to stay. I had also left my glasses, but they called me immediately to say they had been found. When we stay in Torquay again, we will only do so if we can get a reservation in the Riviera Lodge, I hope that that my testimonial will serve as a recommendation for this perfect and attractive little hotel. Thank you so much for having us x Joanna and Tony Marshall

Room Tip: Go for it, this place is wonderful!
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Great stay. The hotel is immaculate and Carsten and Lee were so hospitable. The food is excellent - many different things to choose from at breakfast from cold fare to cooked breakfasts. We had a couple of evening meals there and the food was of excellent standard and good value. It was so pleasant sitting in the conservatory overlooking the pool, while eating the evening meal.
The room was very clean, comfortable and warm, and the attention to detail was good.
Carsten and Lee were very welcoming and chatty - and made us feel very much at home. Thank you very much.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 May 2012

This was an excellent hotel to end our vacation before returning home. We spent two days there and Carsten made us feel very much at home in this high quality hotel. Its beautiful decore and quality food, refreshments and services made it a perfect ending to our trip. Would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, especially the swimming pool.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gerald H
Carsten F, Owner at Riviera Lodge Hotel Torquay, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2012

Thank you for your kind word it has been a pleasure to meet you and we are very honored to be able to look after two lovely people from Torbay in Newfoundland Canada as i wasn't aware that another Torbay exists in this world.