“Lovely hotel”

Riviera Lodge Hotel Torquay
Ranked #4 of 86 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed 2 September 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 3 nights and had a fabulous time. The bar area is such a welcoming space with the conservatory and the pool area. The weather was lovely so I even managed a swim in the pool. We had a compact room which was small but had everything we needed but I would book a larger room the next time. The breakfast had lots of variety and was lovely. We had the evening meal in the conservatory which is a lovely setting to relax. Then drinks outside by the pool. a lovely relaxing few days and yes I would definately return to this hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Reviewed 30 August 2013

What else can be said about this place, travelled with my wife, 9 year old son and my mum, fantastic time was had by all. Hosts Carsten and Lee made us all feel very welcome, rooms were very good, food even better, can't wait to return, see you both again.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank 76cjc
Reviewed 30 August 2013

just got back after spending 3 nights , arrived to a warm welcome , our room was on the top floor ,we had a premium + room , it was very nice room , except for the water pressure , the shower was a trickle and took ages for it to warm up , the same with the sink , apart from that the room was great , mini bar ,flat screen tv plenty of room . the breakfast was cooked fresh , but you only have 1 hour for breakfast 8.15 to 9.15 , and it was on the small side , it was very nice tho , if you can get a parking place your very lucky at this hotel , we went out everyday and got back to find all the spaces had gone everyday . you can have a evening meal but you have to book it .and its pricey , cant comment on this we did,nt try it , we ate out everyday , ,just the one lager on tap [ carslsberg ]all other drinks cans or bottles , would I go back , I don't think so , a average hotel in my opinion , the owners are very warm and welcoming tho

1  Thank valleyboy16
Reviewed 27 August 2013

My husband and myself had booked in to stay for one night, on arrival there were no parking spaces and no parking on the road anywhere, went to ask advice where to park? Not helpful at all was told as it was a bank holiday and basically it was tough. We have never experienced such rudeness we both were taken back, and expressed how we didn't like the way we were spoken to, we were then asked to leave as we were only staying for one night! It is obvious that they don't appreciate customers who want to stay for one night. So warning before you even think about booking this hotel! unless you want to be insulted and embarrassed in front of other customers, not a nice experience when you have just driven over 200 miles!

8  Thank michelledipierri
Carsten F, Owner at Riviera Lodge Hotel Torquay, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2013

As most TripAdvisor users will know, hotels do not refuse admission without very good reasons. Our decision not to admit these people to the hotel was, categorically, the right one, as was confirmed by other guests who were at reception at the time, one elderly couple actually gave us a round of applause!

We do welcome guest looking for just a one night stay whenever availability permits, just not the rude, arrogant and aggressive ones!

Reviewed 27 August 2013

Arrived to receive a warm welcome off Carsten, who even offered us to help us carry our bags up to our rooms. Met Lee several times who was also very helpful. We dined with them one evening and this was excellent. Breakfast was very good every morning which had a great selection to choose from. Great location and they have a free of charge carpark. Staying in the standard compact rooms, they are compact but all you could need for a great nights sleep. Although we had two rooms the end bill was still small which was fantastic.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Lovely hotel, Carsten and Lee great hosts, very friendly and cannot do enough to make you welcome and comfortable. Hotel, garden and pool .exceptionally clean and well maintained. We stayed in a compact double, which was small but spotless and had all you needed. We ate in the restaurant twice and the food was amazing, and the bar was well stocked and reasonably priced. We would definitely stay at the Riviera Lodge next time we visit Torquay

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 26 August 2013

We had been to Torquay in December and stayed at the Imperial Hotel who had no booking this trip. I was a bit skeptical at first as I generally prefer to stay at hotels where I know what to expect.

I arrived late on Friday, and was checked in by Carsten who was the friendliest person ever. I don't think I've received such genuine assistance when staying at the W or Marriott. Carsten was more than happy to assist. He even carried my bag upstairs which gave the place an extra star in my book!

The room was nice, I couldn't find any fault in it! The bathroom was small, but again really hard to find a fault. Overall the place was very welcoming.

Over the course of the weekend, my partner kept saying how nice everything was. The bar was reasonably priced. Breakfast was good.... again no faults.

Only thing I can complain about was not receiving extra soap, however I am sure if I had asked, I would have received it... so my fault!

Totally recommend this place and will likely return!

Room Tip: You wont regret choosing this hotel!