“Everything youd want in a restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Al Porto Cafe Restaurant - CLOSED

Al Porto Cafe Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Dining options: Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Everything youd want in a restaurant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

Situated on the fabulous south facing Victoria Parade I've dined at this restaurant, alone, with one other and as part of a group and however many people have been in my party have always been served quickly and by courteous staff.

The atmosphere is always friendly and I have never waited long for my food.

On various occasions I've ordered pasta dishes, chicken dishes and even English roast beef etc right through to just afternoon tea and cake outside whilst enjoying the fabulous south facing view. I have always found the food to be cooked to perfection, served hot where it should be and very tasty.
Each time they have always delivered. As a former hotelier myself I have eaten in many establishments, some of whom appear right at the bottom of the trip advisor rating and some of whom appear at the very top and I could mention some pretty nasty experiences from some of those near the top but I think the human race should start to judge by their own experience and not hang on to others sometimes over inflated and outrageously poor reviews which should be taken with a pinch of salt as they may even be completely fake. I once had a complaint to the Guernsey Tourist Board where my hotel was situated because I was a Londoner and they thought they would be staying with a Guernsey family, so this shows how fickle some folk are.

No problems like that here, this restaurant is Italian owned and run and the proprietors are a most delightful couple and always happy to meet your every need.

As mentioned earlier I have eaten in numerous places and for some reason I keep coming back here so they must be doing something right and I would have absolutely no hesitation in recommending this restaurant.

• Visited August 2013

“Could not fault the food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

Food was lovely! Wine very nice. If I had to criticise it would be the customer service! I spotted a waitress rolling her eyes whilst serving customers who were quite demanding but it's something that maybe should of been done out the back! One waitress didn't seem to know what she was doing, maybe she was just having a bad night. They all looked rushed but there wasn't that many people in there. Again the food was lovely but sometimes it is the overall experience that makes the customer want to go back.

Visited August 2013
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Another exceptional Italian dining experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2013

Having visited Al Porto again this weekend i had another fantastic evening, joined by a group of my friends for a birthday celebration. Being there was 10 of us the service we received was excellent, we were all given our starters at the same time which were individually cooked perfectly for each of us. Again with a variation of bruschetta, pasta and seafood this restaurant manages to have Italian cuisine down to a T, or an I if you prefer. The staff were more than willing to contribute and even participate in our evening of birthday celebrations, the cake we provided was brought to us with dimmed lights candles and a loud tune of Happy Birthday. What a wonderful evening we all had and now Al Porto will be receiving further recommendations courtesy of our party.

Worcester, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great find”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

This place was recommended by locals for a nice spot of lunch near the water in town. The service was extremely friendly and efficient and we all enjoyed a selection of bruschetta then pasta and a delicious lemon tiramisu for dessert. They even gave me the recipe to try out at home! Good value for money in a convenient location.

1 Thank Jos3fin3
Devon, UK
“Excellent service and food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

I have eaten at Al Porto on numerous occasions and it has always been a pleasure. The home cooked food is a delight whether you choose Italian or English Ann the service is very friendly and prompt. I arranged for my parents Silver Wedding Anniversary with a party of twenty five ad they catered for us with style and typical Italian hospitality. The lemon meringue comes highly recommended.

• Visited December 2012