Stayed 2 nights in March 2012. Paid a supplement for a larger room, but this overlooked a busy road and after 30 minutes asked to be moved. We were on the third floor, some distance from the hotel amenities, such as swimming pool, lounge, bar, etc. Upside to this was that it was quiet. However, there were so many squeaky floorboards on the landings and in corridors! On a positive note, the indoor pool is excellent, breakfast was of a good quality with plenty of choices. The evening meals were perfectly acceptable. The restaurant and staff were very hard working and attentive, but one of the reception staff were rather brusque. It's a haven for bowls players, and for the elderly and infirm. On the downside, not enough parking spaces, dated decor, scruffy furnishings, and a funny, musty odour, similar to a retirement home. I was fooled into booking based on the foto of the pool, which is stunning. The problem is, you naturally assume that the rest of the hotel is of a similar standard and it falls far short. It looks tired, almost threadbare in places. Evening entertainment was "unsophisticated". Appeared to be daytime staff putting on an evening show. It personally made my toes curl, but each to his own. We are not sophisticated by any means, but we felt like we were mixing with the "hoi polloi". A five minute amble down the hill (not steep) will take you to the sea front, and if you look left you'll see the main "promenade" about 15 minutes walk. Buses are plentiful, and a day rider ticket (about £4.60) will take you to Paignton and Brixham, which are well worth a visit. I've tried to be honest about the individual ratings, but somehow the whole is less than the sum of its parts. Would I go back to the hotel? Hell no.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This lively resort encompasses the Derwent, Victoria, Carlton & Toorak Hotels with on-site access to an extensive range of indoor and outdoor leisure facilities, together with nightly entertainment and dancing. Enjoy indoor and outdoor swimming pools, a luxury spa, gym, huge indoor games arena, daily kids club and a daily activity programme. Bowling and dancing holidays a speciality. Close to sea front and town centre, ideally placed for exploring the English Riviera and beyond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your TLH Leisure Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tlh Leisure Hotel Torquay
- Tlh Leisure Torquay
- TLH Leisure Resort Torquay, Devon