Very detailed review but worth the effort to write it!
Our party included 2 mum's and 3 children ages 18 months, and the other 2 were aged 5.
July 24th - 27th 2012 the weather was excellent, sunny for all 4 days and not a cloud in the sky!
The cost was excellent value for money. We went for 4 days & 3 nights on a dinner, bed and breakfast option, total cost £370 - £185 per adult and all the kids aged 5 and under were FREE
We booked a family room in the Victoria Hotel and the room consisted of 1 double bed, 1 single bed,1 bunk bed and a travel cot.
The rooms were clean and spacious - only downfall was no air conditioning and the weather was very hot and I struggled because i'm pregnant!
Food was lovely. Served in a big bright ball room, silver service. You had the same table for every sitting so you could turn up at any time and wouldn't wait for a table. Evening meal was 3 courses and the choice of 3 different dishes. Kids could either opt for self service with your typical selection on pasta, curry's, chicken nuggets, pizza ect or they could eat from the adult menu. My 5 year old daughter loved the fresh home-made soup starters from the adult menu! oh and the triple flavoured ice-creams with 2 sauces!
The kids entertainment diary was good - in the Rory Club, 3 times a day there ware activities . We only used the night time session on 2 occasions from 19:45 - 20:30, the children went to Kids club without the adults (so they adults could lay bingo, not that we participated!) they enjoyed their time.
Every evening my daughter enjoyed a dance to the music until 21:00 then they had a show. We seen 2 of the shows, The male entertainers signing songs from musical & bands and then a 3D puppet show, both enjoyed by adults and kids.
The outdoor pool made this resort stand out from the rest!
We were fortunate to have 4 days of sun and the kids loved the warm pool. It was big enough and just the right depth for them to play safely. There was another larger pool but we did not use it, but was full of people enjoying themselves.
I liked the fact that children were still aloud to utilise the outdoor and indoor pools late into the evening with no time restrictions.
Indoor pools were very nice! The children's pool was hot which was great for our 18 month old toddler
The hotel location was perfect! - 10 min's walk to the beach, also walking distance to the town and harbour. We caught the red road train to the town and walked back - easy!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This lively resort encompasses the Derwent, Victoria, Carlton & Toorak Hotels with on-site access to an extensive range of indoor and outdoor leisure facilities, together with nightly entertainment and dancing. Enjoy indoor and outdoor swimming pools, a luxury spa, gym, huge indoor games arena, daily kids club and a daily activity programme. Bowling and dancing holidays a speciality. Close to sea front and town centre, ideally placed for exploring the English Riviera and beyond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your TLH Leisure Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tlh Leisure Hotel Torquay
- Tlh Leisure Torquay
- TLH Leisure Resort Torquay, Devon