Just arrived home after a weekend at the Victoria hotel with a group of 20 ladies. The reception staff were very pleasant and made you feel really welcome. The pool was lovely and although the hotel was full the pools were not crowded and they were large enough to really swim. I have stayed at other hotels where the pool looks lovely in the brochure but when you get there you realise that photos can be deceiving. This was not the case on this occasion the pool was really lovely.
The entertainment on the Saturday night was 2 comedians. I normally hate comedians and was a little disappointed when I saw the entertainment guide. I can honestly say I have not laughed so much in many years. They were brilliant!
My only criticism was on the first night our talble did not have enough vegetables served for the number of people. We did speak to the head waiter and this was rectified on the second evening. The food itself was good considering the price paid. This was never going to be 'fine dining' but you did have the option of a few courses with a supplement which our party did not feel the need to do so cannot comment. Breakfast was excellent.
We also used the bowling alley and had great fun so if the weather is not perfect there is plenty to do on site. We walked to the town and the harbour but if you have mobility problems the land train stops right outside.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to both groups like ourselves and families.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This lively resort encompasses the Derwent, Victoria, Carlton & Toorak Hotels with on-site access to an extensive range of indoor and outdoor leisure facilities, together with nightly entertainment and dancing. Enjoy indoor and outdoor swimming pools, a luxury spa, gym, huge indoor games arena, daily kids club and a daily activity programme. Bowling and dancing holidays a speciality. Close to sea front and town centre, ideally placed for exploring the English Riviera and beyond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA so you can book your TLH Leisure Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tlh Leisure Hotel Torquay
- Tlh Leisure Torquay
- TLH Leisure Resort Torquay, Devon