“Vouchers”
Review of TLH Leisure Resort

TLH Leisure Resort
Ranked #43 of 87 Hotels in Torquay
Reviewed 2 December 2013

Having purchased vouchers for my mothers christmas present and her birthday in February for a pamper session at her leisure , my mother being a full time career for my grandmother had only managed to use a few of them , On november 1st my mother was taken into hospital for a hip replacement , now feeling a little better , she wanted to go and use her vouchers for a pre christmas pamper , she contacted the spa to book an appointment , to be told by the receptionist they had no means of getting her down stairs as the don't have a lift , so consequently she was unable to use them , i mentioned to my mother i would buy them off her and use them for myself only to find they are now out of date by 4 days , we have phoned this morning to see if we can extend them , to be told by the manager of the spa NO !!!! they are 4 days out of date you have had them a year you have had plenty of time to use them , practically called my a liar and said , your mother could of used our service lift , which was never offered to her !!!!! I feel this is very bad customer service and for the sake of 4 days it would not of hurt them to extend these vouchers , i have one very upset mother now . I will not be purchasing anything from this spa again , as i feel she has not been treated with any loyalty or respect .Customer's should be aware this establishment does not respect their returning customers .

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank louissie
CarltonMgt, General Manager at TLH Leisure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2013

Like us, most retailers who sell gift vouchers put an expiry date on them, 12 months seems to be a general standard. We feel this gives ample opportunity to book in a treatment or spend them on site. We sell a great number of vouchers throughout the year as they make great presents and you can spend them not only on treatments but on anything on the TLH Complex.

I understand that in this instance the majority of the vouchers had been used and £14 was left to spend when they expired. The vouchers are deleted from the system after 12 months and therefore cannot be processed, so our staff were unable to authorise or override this. I am sorry if there was any confusion over information given regarding access.

We have been operating for over 50 years and pride ourselves on offering exceptional customer service throughout TLH Leisure Resort and we invest a lot of time and money into this area and have received awards for our service. If you read other reviews on trip advisor our service is always something that people love about us. We do listen to our customers and like to think that we are more approachable and flexible than national retailers who stick to rigid policies.

As a goodwill gesture I would like to offer your mother a £10 voucher towards her next treatment. If you would like to contact the Aztec Spa Reception with your details then they can send this to you.

Reviewed 28 November 2013 via mobile

I have stayed here previously on business and have returned for a break before christmas all I need to say is exlpore their website tlh.co.uk and you will exceed your expectations. The rooms are generous in size and the attention to detail is fantastic! There is lots to do for all ages.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 November 2013

Just arrived home after a weekend at the Victoria hotel with a group of 20 ladies. The reception staff were very pleasant and made you feel really welcome. The pool was lovely and although the hotel was full the pools were not crowded and they were large enough to really swim. I have stayed at other hotels where the pool looks lovely in the brochure but when you get there you realise that photos can be deceiving. This was not the case on this occasion the pool was really lovely.

The entertainment on the Saturday night was 2 comedians. I normally hate comedians and was a little disappointed when I saw the entertainment guide. I can honestly say I have not laughed so much in many years. They were brilliant!

My only criticism was on the first night our talble did not have enough vegetables served for the number of people. We did speak to the head waiter and this was rectified on the second evening. The food itself was good considering the price paid. This was never going to be 'fine dining' but you did have the option of a few courses with a supplement which our party did not feel the need to do so cannot comment. Breakfast was excellent.

We also used the bowling alley and had great fun so if the weather is not perfect there is plenty to do on site. We walked to the town and the harbour but if you have mobility problems the land train stops right outside.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to both groups like ourselves and families.

Room Tip: Had room on third floor and paid a little extra for sea view. Really nice.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 November 2013

love this place grate place 2 stay with kids and I love going back there every year there is so much for the kids to do on the premise's and ever thing is so close out side ecy the beach the shops places to eat places the staff at this hotel are friendly and are really polite rooms are really clean

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We have just come back from Torquay where we stayed at the TLH resort. It consists of 4 hotels all linked internally covering approx 7 acres. We stayed at the Derwent which seems less formal than the other 3 hotels. The food was excellent and we got very good service. The reception staff are very obliging and nothing is too much trouble. The entertainment in the Starlight lounge was very professional and varied. We didn't realise we were on a tinsel and turkey break when we booked but the hotel being full with coach trips gave a marvellous festive atmosphere. The room was fine, very clean which is what you really need. Would definitely go again especially to one of their themed weekends. The Bistro is worth a visit, it overlooks the main pool, there was a lovely calm atmosphere there.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jaylib
Reviewed 13 November 2013

As usual staff were very helpful and friendly. The weather was wet and windy however the lovely thing about tlh whatever the weather there is lots to do. Swimming, steam room and spa made for a lovely afternoon. Terrace rooms to be recommended.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
jgarside, General Manager at TLH Leisure Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. Kindest regards.

Reviewed 1 November 2013 via mobile

Me, my hubby & 2 teenagers stayed in the Victoria Hotel over Half Term...this was our 3rd stay in the Victoria.
We were happy about the location & cleanliness of our rooms but disappointed by the onsite restaurants ,.Especially the Aztec Bistro...Firstly we had to wait an hour for our food to arrive after ordering...& when it did eventually arrive it was cold & quite tasteless...!!!!...The Bisto was not that busy, so why the long wait & cold food...???...The breakfast was good with lots of choice.
The entertainment was o.k & my children enjoyed the games room.
The location was great for visiting local attractions & close to the beach.
We hope to stay again next year...Maybe in the Toorak Hotel for a change.

• Stayed: October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. The Bistro is a very successful part of the business and for the most part they get our food offering and service right. I am sorry that it would appear that we did not meet our usually high standard on this occasion. I have passed on your comments to the relevant people. We hope that you use this facility again and that you find the service and food as it should be. Kind regards