Lock in the lowest price from these sites
StayForLong
Hotels.com
All reviews fresh milk arnold bennett homemade jams biscuits birthday card full english nothing is too much trouble cream tea feel so welcome fantastic hosts cooked to perfection minute walk a lovely place to stay short break breakfast was excellent high standard quiet location
Selected filters
Reviewed 10 September 2018

I visited Carlton Court with friends for leisure and a meeting and turned up early. I was met by De and asked if I could park my car and walk into town. She promptly asked me if I would like a cup of tea/coffee. What a great welcome and it just got better. Room was great and spacious with good facilities. Breakfast very good. Both Terry and De were very helpful throughout our stay and nothing was too much trouble.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 September 2018

We were EXTREMELY impressed by the owners ,Terry and De ! Nothing is too much trouble for them to make your stay as nice as possible. Our room was spotless, quiet, and comfortable, and breakfast was exceptional ,with a delightful view of their tranquil garden. Very well situated for exploring the Torbay area !

Date of stay: September 2018
Reviewed 13 August 2018

At short notice we just fancied a night away. Living in Exeter, Torquay is very close and when I read the reviews of Carlton Court I snapped up the last available room. There’s free parking for all 6 rooms, and as soon as we got out of the car De was there to greet us and offered an umbrella as it was raining slightly. Clearly De and Tony had been keeping an eye out for us, and that initial warm welcome heralded a lovely stay. The standard of accommodation was excellent, with everything very clean and inviting. We were offered a cream tea which was delicious with Terry’s home-made scones and home-made strawberry jam. Our room was amazing with a super-king-size bed and brilliant attention to detail with high quality toiletries, a generously-stocked hospitality tray, a good size fridge with fresh milk and a mini box of chocolates. De and Terry were chatty and friendly, giving suggestions about where to dine in the evening and things to look out for in the town. Breakfast was delicious with everything cooked to order as well as a lovely buffet with bowls of fresh fruit salad and Terry’s home-made preserves. Also, completely enchanted with the minuscule spoons for serving salt and pepper. I can’t recommend the Carton Court highly enough and I look forward to going back to meet Terry and De again.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank 698philb
Reviewed 11 August 2018

We returned once again to the Carlton and were greeted by Terry and De the new owners who could not have done anymore to give us a really lovely stay at our favourite Torquay hotel.The phone number may have changed but seek it out and book as you will not be disappointed. Hopefully we will be able to return to enjoy another relaxing stay.

Room tip: some rooms overlook a lovely garden and have baths
Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank Kenneth S
Reviewed 5 August 2018

My 4 night experience at Carlton Court was perfect! I had known Terry for many years as he owned a great restaurant which was local to me. Knowing his high standards, I wasn't at all surprised to be welcomed with homemade Devon scones and tea. The room (Suite 2) had a lounge area with separate TV, fridge and tea/coffee facilities. There was even a box of chocolates in the fridge. The bed was super king size with high quality bed linen. The wet room had an excellent power shower. Luxurious bath sheets and bathrobes were provided

Breakfast was a treat! Terry's past experience as a top London chef was evident. His use of local produce and an assortment of his homemade jams made this guest house stand out from many others. His wife, De, was a great hostess and couldn't have been more welcoming and helpful!

Can't wait to return - such a pity Torquay is so far from London!!
I