We had chosen Charterhouse after reading reviews on tripadvisor and were not disappointed. On arrival, the human dynamo that is Marion greeted us with biscuits and hot drinks, most welcome after our journey. She then asked us what we wanted to visit in the area and gave us appropriate leaflets and advice. We had booked a superior room which was well furnished with enough hanging space and lots of drawers. Everything was very clean Our room looked out over the garden and Torbay. We found the location quiet and slept like logs! The hotel was not full on the first two nights of our stay, so breakfasts were cooked to order. When the dining room was full and the breakfast buffet in use, with frequent replenishments, Marion cooked our daughter's egg individually. Nothing was too much trouble for Marion and Les and we felt like old friends by the end of our visit. When Marion discovered it was my birthday on the last day of our week, I came back to the room to find chocolates and a card.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run B&B with a warm welcome and delicious breakfasts. Just a short stroll from Country Park, Thatched Village and Beach. Available for short breaks or longer stays. Please ring for further information or visit our website. Within walking distance of Torquay. Large car park, beautiful gardens and in quiet location. Free wifi throughout and small heated outdoor swimming pool open in the summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Charterhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charterhouse Hotel Torquay
- The Charterhouse Torquay, Devon