Starting off on a trip through Devon and Cornwall we had a quick stop at this Hotel.
We were well received by the owners who are extremely friendly and helpful.
Our room was rather small as was the bathroom (no bath) but everything is clean. All amenities are present but don't expect luxury.
Breakfast is as good as it comes in England, well prepared by the owner himself and fresh.
A lot more could be done with the garden and some parts outside could use a lick of paint but again, as long as you don't expect a palace it is acceptable.
The hotel (we should really say B&B) is not really at walking distance from Torquay so a car is a necesity.
If you don't want the big luxury then the Charterhouse is more than good enough.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run B&B with a warm welcome and delicious breakfasts. Just a short stroll from Country Park, Thatched Village and Beach. Available for short breaks or longer stays. Please ring for further information or visit our website. Within walking distance of Torquay. Large car park, beautiful gardens and in quiet location. Free wifi throughout and small heated outdoor swimming pool open in the summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Charterhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charterhouse Hotel Torquay
- The Charterhouse Torquay, Devon