Without doubt the best hotel by a mile we have ever stayed in. Right from the start the warm welcome with drinks and crisps right through to the hugs goodbye. Marion is just about everything you could ask for as a hostess very friendly and helpful.
I think it's the attention to detail that sets this hotel apart from the others. The little complimentary chocolate treats on the bed, the higher standard cookies and soap products, the extra large towels, the fridge in our family room......i could go on!
The hotel itself is in a lovely tranquil location, just far enough from the hustle and bustle of the town centre but in fairly easy (about a mile of scenic flat path) walking distance from it and an even shorter country walk away from the beautiful Cockington village.
The grounds are very well kept and are nicely mature. Large carpark. Swimming pool although quite small is well kept and lovely for a dip or the kids to play in. The hotel itself is clean and spacious.
The breakfast is nothing short of superb just as all the other reviews have said with all the locally sourced products and homemade breads and jams, feeling hungry just writing this review!!!
The reviews on here are all spot on but I must just comment on what one reviewer said 'the owner has two big dogs around the house' this simply is not true the dogs barely came up to my 7 year old daughters knees!!! and they are definitely not allowed in the main part of the hotel. Infact my daughter loved one of the dogs 'Toffee' so much we had to ask Marion to let him out so she could play with him on several occasions! Keep up the good work Marion and Les, this is how to run a hotel, hopefully see you again soon?
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run B&B with a warm welcome and delicious breakfasts. Just a short stroll from Country Park, Thatched Village and Beach. Available for short breaks or longer stays. Please ring for further information or visit our website. Within walking distance of Torquay. Large car park, beautiful gardens and in quiet location. Free wifi throughout and small heated outdoor swimming pool open in the summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Charterhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charterhouse Hotel Torquay
- The Charterhouse Torquay, Devon