I have created a tripadvisor account purely so I can leave feedback for the Charterhouse! This was our first stay in a B&B and what can I say? Having stayed at many 5* hotels I have to say I would be hard pressed to say any of them beat the food and hospitality we received at the Charterhouse and this was all down to the wonderful hosts Marion and Les. They both made us feel very welcomed and gave us lots of local tips, all of which we followed and were not disappointed. And the food was excellent, I can see why they have won awards, the cooked breakfasts and home made breads were fantastic. Felt like we were staying with close friends, the Charterhouse is excellent for seeing the wonderful English Riveria (even out of season as we did) in fact I would say use the Charterhouse as a base if you want to stay anywhere in Devon. We will definitely be back, thank you Marion and Les so much. Why would you want to stay at any other hotel or B&B in Devon when you can stay here???
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run B&B with a warm welcome and delicious breakfasts. Just a short stroll from Country Park, Thatched Village and Beach. Available for short breaks or longer stays. Please ring for further information or visit our website. Within walking distance of Torquay. Large car park, beautiful gardens and in quiet location. Free wifi throughout and small heated outdoor swimming pool open in the summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your The Charterhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charterhouse Hotel Torquay
- The Charterhouse Torquay, Devon