The combination of Marion’s infectious enthusiasm and Les’ quiet efficiency ensured that our stay at the Charterhouse was everything that we could have wished for. From check in until the time that we finally said goodbye they were the epitome of perfect hosts.
The hotel was easy to find – not always easy to say in a busy seaside town – but this was thanks to the comprehensive directions we received after booking. (Point to note: SatNav instructs you to turn right at Shiphay Lane – most definitely ignore this instruction unless you really, and I mean really, want to negotiate the narrow lanes around Cockington!).
Our room was absolutely lovely with a beautiful view across to Torquay from the bay window - a view that became even more spectacular at night when the promenade’s decorative lights were switched on.
Breakfast was served in the lovely vaulted dining room: a comprehensive menu of fresh, local food that included a la maison speciality breads freshly baked by Les each morning and homemade preserves – again courtesy of Les – all mouth-wateringly gorgeous!
Marion’s suggestions and recommendations for places to eat during the day and in the evening were spot-on – it was just a pity that we did not have the time to try them all out – I’m sorry Marion – but, I think, that definitely provides us with a good reason to book that return visit!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run B&B with a warm welcome and delicious breakfasts. Just a short stroll from Country Park, Thatched Village and Beach. Available for short breaks or longer stays. Please ring for further information or visit our website. Within walking distance of Torquay. Large car park, beautiful gardens and in quiet location. Free wifi throughout and small heated outdoor swimming pool open in the summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com, Odigeo, Evoline ltd, Agoda and Priceline so you can book your The Charterhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charterhouse Hotel Torquay
- The Charterhouse Torquay, Devon