We have spent the Autumn holidays at Charterhouse and enjoyed our stay very much. Marion gave as a warm welcome and a lot of information on the evening of our arrival. We are from Amsterdam and currently live in Berlin, and wanted to spend a few days at the English riviera to get away from the continental October-weather, to enjoy the fresh air and to have our children practise their English... They had a lot of opportunities to do so, especially during breakfast time.
We have never experienced such a great hospitality before! And the splendid breakfasts with home made breads and marmelades (made by Les) are still fresh in our memory. We had an ‘interconnecting’ family room (double room connected to the children’s room), that gave us privacy as soon as the children were asleep... to read, talk and look tv. So the kids as well as mum & dad had a relaxing time. During daytime, we were able to visit the locations which Marion had advised us. Our daughters were really happy, and are still talking about it 5 months later. We will be back one day again, and can recommend the hotel to all our friends in Holland and Germany.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run B&B with a warm welcome and delicious breakfasts. Just a short stroll from Country Park, Thatched Village and Beach. Available for short breaks or longer stays. Please ring for further information or visit our website. Within walking distance of Torquay. Large car park, beautiful gardens and in quiet location. Free wifi throughout and small heated outdoor swimming pool open in the summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Charterhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charterhouse Hotel Torquay
- The Charterhouse Torquay, Devon