This was our second trip to the Charterhouse and it was just as good as the first. Still a lovely warm welcome from Marion on our arrival, cups of tea and coffee and a cold drink for our 8 year old on a lovely hot day. A lovely walk along the sea front into Torquay and a short walk to the beautiful Cockington Village through the Woodland. (Weavers Tea Shoppe highly recommended)! We stayed in the family room with adjoining room. Its a lovely quiet room and our daughter loves having her own space! The breakfasts are fabulous and just get better. Les's home made jams and marmalades accompany his home made bread perfectly! There is a nice pool which is ideal for our 8 year old who is very close to swimming, and ideal to cool off in if its been a really hot day. Marion and Les are so welcoming and really cannot do enough for their guests. We would never stay anywhere else in Torquay, and hope to revisit again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run B&B with a warm welcome and delicious breakfasts. Just a short stroll from Country Park, Thatched Village and Beach. Available for short breaks or longer stays. Please ring for further information or visit our website. Within walking distance of Torquay. Large car park, beautiful gardens and in quiet location. Free wifi throughout and small heated outdoor swimming pool open in the summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Odigeo, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Charterhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charterhouse Hotel Torquay
- The Charterhouse Torquay, Devon