We stayed as a family of four at The Charterhouse for a two night stay this September. We booked this guest house based on the fabulous reviews here on Trip Advisor, and we are so thrilled that we did. What a fantastic stay we had. Marion and Les are the most wonderful hosts. You are made to feel at home the minute you walk through the door.
We arrived at around tea time on the Friday and were greeted by Marion who showed us to our rooms. Our rooms were on the top floor in the large family suite. This consisted of two rooms, one with a double bed and the other with two singe beds. The double room had a lovely big bathroom with a bath and shower. The twin room had a sink in and shared the bathroom off of the double room. The rooms were spotless. So clean, so comfortable and equipped with everything we needed. The bathroom had lovely toiletries in and nice soft towels. Both rooms had a TV in as well. It was perfect for our family. Marion showed us everything in the room and it immediately felt so welcoming and like home. We were then offered a pot of tea by our hosts which was very much needed. This was served to us in the lounge downstairs complete with biscuits. Lovely! Marion then spent time with us to explain about breakfast etc and also to recommend some things to do and places to see during our stay. This included a boat trip to Brixham from Torquay for £1 each. What a bargain and very enjoyable it was too. We wouldn't of known about this if it hadn't of been for Marion.
Now on to breakfast. What a delight! This has to be THE BEST breakfast that we have ever had. The cooked breakfast was so good. You could choose what you wanted from he buffet area. Sausages, bacon, eggs, tomatoes, black pudding, hash browns, beans, mushrooms. Even the bacon was available as crispy or not crispy! They really do think of everything! As other reviewers have said, Les makes the most wonderful breads, marmalades and jams. We tried them all and they were delicious. There are also cereals available, fresh fruit salad and yogurts.
Marion and Les are always on hand during breakfast to make sure everyone is happy and has everything they need.
We loved our stay at The Charterhouse and hope to return soon. We highly recommend it.
Thank you Marion and Les for a wonderful stay. We will be back. The Kelson Family.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run B&B with a warm welcome and delicious breakfasts. Just a short stroll from Country Park, Thatched Village and Beach. Available for short breaks or longer stays. Please ring for further information or visit our website. Within walking distance of Torquay. Large car park, beautiful gardens and in quiet location. Free wifi throughout and small heated outdoor swimming pool open in the summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Charterhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charterhouse Hotel Torquay
- The Charterhouse Torquay, Devon