4 of us spent 2 nights here while staying in Torquay for a family wedding. We were very impressed - Marion and Les were excellent and very friendly hosts - a nice pot of tea on arrival and nothing was too much trouble throughout our stay. The location is perfect being in a quiet location near the charming little village of Cockington but also close to Torquay centre. Rooms were spotless and very comfy and as for the breakfasts! I can only reiterate other reviewers comments - wonderful local food including Les's homemade breads, marmalade and jams - perfect. We are so glad we didn't pick a big hotel or one of the growing number of budget chain hotels.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run B&B with a warm welcome and delicious breakfasts. Just a short stroll from Country Park, Thatched Village and Beach. Available for short breaks or longer stays. Please ring for further information or visit our website. Within walking distance of Torquay. Large car park, beautiful gardens and in quiet location. Free wifi throughout and small heated outdoor swimming pool open in the summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Charterhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charterhouse Hotel Torquay
- The Charterhouse Torquay, Devon