Just returned from 3 nights at the Charterhouse. Situated near Cockington, the position is great and we were able to leave the car in the car park and walk into Torquay and Paignton easily. The train station is also in easy walking distance, we took the train to Newton Abbot for a look around. As for the hosts, nothing is too much trouble. They are both on hand to advise and you are made to feel very welcome. The breakfasts are brilliant, just as good as a 4 star hotel! The bread is delicious and there are home made jams, marmalades and chutneys. The food was amazing. However, best of all was the warmth and genuine caring nature of Marion. Ask her for anything and she will sort it. She deserves 5 stars! Thanks for a great stay. We will be back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run B&B with a warm welcome and delicious breakfasts. Just a short stroll from Country Park, Thatched Village and Beach. Available for short breaks or longer stays. Please ring for further information or visit our website. Within walking distance of Torquay. Large car park, beautiful gardens and in quiet location. Free wifi throughout and small heated outdoor swimming pool open in the summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Charterhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charterhouse Hotel Torquay
- The Charterhouse Torquay, Devon