We were looking for a B&B that had a family suite so that our two girls (12 and 8) could sleep in a connected room to ours. The Charterhouse's family suite was ideal as it was at the top of the house and very self-contained so we had no worries about them while they were next door.
Les and Marion were wonderful, they really made the stay special. From the initial welcome pot of tea and chocolates in the room, they were ideal hosts. Marion went out of her way to be helpful and Les's homemade breads and jams are legendary - really made the breakfasts even more fantastic than they already were.
The B&B is well placed and in a nice and quiet area of town, we walked to the centre of Torquay one day and to Cockington Court the other - both within easy walking distance, even with the kids (although tiny ones may struggle).
Next time we visit Torquay, we will definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run B&B with a warm welcome and delicious breakfasts. Just a short stroll from Country Park, Thatched Village and Beach. Available for short breaks or longer stays. Please ring for further information or visit our website. Within walking distance of Torquay. Large car park, beautiful gardens and in quiet location. Free wifi throughout and small heated outdoor swimming pool open in the summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Agoda, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Charterhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charterhouse Hotel Torquay
- The Charterhouse Torquay, Devon