On arrival you immediately feel you have made the right choice. Les and Marion go that extra mile to make your stay is perfect. Our room ( number 3) on the ground floor overlooking the garden (the sea was also visible) was large, spotlessly clean and well furnished. The bathroom was also well equipped with soft towels and quality toiletries. The Kingsize bed ensured we enjoyed a good night sleep after a tiring day and totally undisturbed due to the quiet location. Breakfast - the best ever. Les's home made breads and jams are to die for, and the choice and quality of the food is excellent. The location of the Charterhouse suits all types of traveller be it by car, train or bus. Torquay centre either an easy 15/20 minute stroll along the front or 5 minutes by bus from the top of the road. If you are going to Torquay this is the B&B to stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run B&B with a warm welcome and delicious breakfasts. Just a short stroll from Country Park, Thatched Village and Beach. Available for short breaks or longer stays. Please ring for further information or visit our website. Within walking distance of Torquay. Large car park, beautiful gardens and in quiet location. Free wifi throughout and small heated outdoor swimming pool open in the summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Agoda and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Charterhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charterhouse Hotel Torquay
- The Charterhouse Torquay, Devon