My title says it all, we stayed at the Charterhouse for a 4 night break and found it as good as the reviews if not better. From arrival to leaving nothing was too much trouble, from arranging tables for diner, calling taxis or advice on local area.
The room was well appointed, clean and very comfortable, breakfast was superb, with a hot buffet, to a standard that puts major chains to shame.
Marion as a host does all she can to ensure a good break, and Les's homemade bread and marmalade is not too be missed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run B&B with a warm welcome and delicious breakfasts. Just a short stroll from Country Park, Thatched Village and Beach. Available for short breaks or longer stays. Please ring for further information or visit our website. Within walking distance of Torquay. Large car park, beautiful gardens and in quiet location. Free wifi throughout and small heated outdoor swimming pool open in the summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Charterhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charterhouse Hotel Torquay
- The Charterhouse Torquay, Devon