We normally stay in chain hotels but boy are we glad to have broken the mould and chose this hotel. Marion & Les make you feel so welcome that you are at ease from the moment you arrive. We stayed in one of the newly refurbished rooms and was very pleased with the standard. They are super clean and are kept that way during your stay. The hotel is well situated within walking distance of Cockington & the main area of Torquay. We noticed very little noise an occasional car & only 1 train, none of which caused us to lose any sleep. As stated the breakfasts are fab and Les's marmalade a triumph. (recipe please!) I am sure that we will return to see the ongoing improvements which will only make a great hotel even better
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Family run B&B with a warm welcome and delicious breakfasts. Just a short stroll from Country Park, Thatched Village and Beach. Available for short breaks or longer stays. Please ring for further information or visit our website. Within walking distance of Torquay. Large car park, beautiful gardens and in quiet location. Free wifi throughout and small heated outdoor swimming pool open in the summer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Charterhouse reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Charterhouse Hotel Torquay
- The Charterhouse Torquay, Devon