Humbleness in a Victorian House! wow!! Superb treatment the moment you walk through their romantic lounge area. It was like walking back in time as you could really appreciate their efforts restoring this place and all the little perks show their passion in antique furniture and history. Starting it off with a warm welcome and a lovely cup of tea as they take your luggage to the room. You could tell from as early as this part of our stay that this is going to be a good one! Ian was very helpful with giving as tips of the place and even gave us some "alone" time to enjoy our cup of tea and have a feel of the place. After a long trip this is definitively what you need! Thank you Ian for all of that. After this, we were shown to our room which was just the same as what I saw on their very professional website. Things are just getting better... ;)
We didn't waste any moment as the sun was still out so we explored as much as we could. We had Fish and Chips for dinner at The Harverster and it was amazing... so fresh and tasty. We then decided to try other fish restaurants during our stay as we couldn't get fresh fish as good as that.
Every evening, we would always return to a very clean room -all refreshed and turned down. Special requests were always a priority to them.
Breakfast was at its finest with a Victorian lady who served us at times and that reminded me of a film I once saw. She made me feel we were back in the Victorian ages. Breakfast was presented in a very classy and professional way as well as the taste and presentation. Well done Chef!! Even the jam, Muesli and fruit bowl was personalized to great standards.
We even had a lovely chat with Craig and he took photos of us near the grand piano etc. Relaxing near the pool is a must especially when the weather warms up.
Checking out was sad as you didn't wanna leave. Craig was very generous in offering to keep our luggage as we strolled one last time while waiting for our train. He even offered the use of the hotels umbrella as it was showering at the time. Later on, Ian bid as farewell... but deep within... I knew this is not goodbye but see you in the near future.
Again many, many thanks for being very kind and making us feel at home and relaxed... ;)
More power and God bless!
Leigh and Jo
PS. Trip Advisor is a very helpful website and I hope by sharing this; I can help you narrow down your search.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Marstan Hotel is an elegant mid-Victorian Villa peacefully located along Meadfoot Sea Road in a conservation area. The harbour and town are approximately ten minutes walk with the blue flag awarded Meadfoot Beach and its stunning views being less than five minutes on foot. An extensive refurbishment program saw The Marstan achieve a five-star guesthouse rating in 2007. In keeping with the period of the building, the hotel is traditionally furnished with antiques complemented with modern amenities such as contemporary bathrooms, flat screen televisions, wifi and ipod docking stations. The Marstan is the only five star guesthouse in Torquay to benefit from a combination of an outdoor swimming pool, hot tub and a licensed bar. The owners and staff endeavor to provide an attentive and personal service without being intrusive, with the aim of creating a luxury boutique hotel ambiance. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Marstan reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Marstan Hotel Torquay
- Marstan Hotel Torquay
- Marstan Boutique Hotel Torquay
- The Marstan Torquay, Devon