“In a Lather”

Clydesdale Apartments
Uk
“In a Lather”
Reviewed 23 July 2013

We had a week at Clydesdale Apartments in a recent very hot spell. The owner was friendly and polite and our flat at first view looked fine as it was clean and adequate for our purposes and also decent car park, well tended gardens etc. Now the but …….. On my first shower experience the water flow coming out was a cold and pathetic dribble and then cut out totally for a number of minutes when I was covered in soap, and intermittently after. A couple of nights more of this and I was not at all happy so I approached the owner. He admitted that in our flat that although he had recently installed a new electric shower there was a problem with low water pressure and the lack of flow most likely caused at peak times when other guests using it. I asked if I could shower elsewhere but as no spare flats available he mentioned something about ‘sorting something out’ but nothing more was heard for the rest of week. The only solution was to shower very late at night and even so this was not totally successful as still cold water, poor flow etc.
Additionally although it looked as if the flats were in a quiet area I was woken up a number of times by shouting/ load voices by people outside passing the flats at all hours of the night.
Final minor gripe – no information pack in the flat with details of local facilities/medical and basic information relating to the building which you would normally expect
Sorry but my experience means I would not go back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Traveller-1907
BritDragon, Owner at Clydesdale Apartments, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Thanks for your feedback. Upon departure we called in the Mira shower engineer, the brand new Mira Sport shower that had been installed the week prior to your stay was faulty. It was replaced immediately by the company and the replacement now works perfectly well.
We were surprised by your comments regarding some noise at night. We are very centrally located but many of our guests who return year after year comment on how peaceful our situation is. As you mentioned, you were lucky to enjoy the start of the July heatwave we experienced. I know there were a few more people around enjoying the balmy nights that week. If the double glazed windows were closed rather than fully open there certainly would be no noise within the apartments at night.

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Folkestone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2013

This was my first stay at these Apartments. The apartment was clean and well decorated. Owner very helpful. As a solo 'Out of Season' traveller I was lucky to get a top floor apartment with a view towards the sea. While I did not have a car noted that there was adequate parking and believe that while it is centrally located in Torquay belive it is ideally located for motorists. I will stay again.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank 805SoloTraveller2013
lancaster
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We stayed at clydesdale apartments for the first time. we found the apartment to be clean and well furnished ,the owner is very friendly and goes out his way to make you feel at home. Parking onsite is very useful as apartments are very close to town.A very enjoyable stay .

2 Thank jimrach86
Hull
Reviewed 11 September 2012

This was our 14th annual visit to Clydesdale. As this was the first under new ownership we were apprehensive as to the high standard of our previous visits being maintained. Very pleased to say we had absolutely nothing to worry about as Chris the new owner has kept the high standards and even refurbished our usual flat to our liking.We will be back again in 2013 and would recommend Clydesdale to anybody wanting a great clean self catering holiday at an excellent location( with parking included ) in Torquay. See you next year.

Regards Pam and Bill (HULL)

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank william G
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 September 2012

This year is our 3rd stay in the garden flat around the side & its even better this year since its been redecorated! Lovely welcome as you arrive and then you are left to settle & unpack. Onsite parking great. Fab lawn to the front for kids & adults alike to play on! ;) Rooms adequate. Our daughter loved the bunks in her bedroom! See you next year!

Room Tip: If you have a child who needs a seperate room the garden flat is ideal as the other ones are one bed...
1 Thank MrsN1974
Southampton
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We booked this as a late holiday, as my wife is recovering from her second breast cancer, the price was low so we did not expect too much, was I wrong.
The owner had coned a special parking space, the rooms were extreely clean, very quiet, with all found, even washing up liquid. The Power is by meter, I did not believe the owner when he said consumption would be low, having been ripped off in the past, but he was corect, maybe £1 for the week and we use a lot!
The 3 stars rating is very corect and could be higher.
So all in all a wonderfal week with no complaints.

Ian Parsons

1 Thank Traz92
Bishop Middleham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 August 2012

These apartments are very conveniently located just a few minutes walk from the beach and town centre albeit with a bit of a hill to climb on your way back! The gentleman who greeted us was polite and friendly.
The apartments themselves are clearly undergoing refurbishment with both the apartments we stayed in having new kitchen and bathrooms. Its evidently work in progress as some of the furniture and carpets looks a little worn and dated but really this was on a par with most other apartments in the Torbay area. The biggest bonus for us was how clean everything was, I cannot praise them enough for the efforts they go to to keep the apartments clean.
I would definitely recommend staying here and will probably return. I look forward to seeing what the refurbishment program brings, although if your a retro furniture fan I would visit asap as I suspect that will be the first casualty! Fab

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family