“MYSTERY COACH TRIP”

Ranked #86 of 88 Hotels in Torquay
WALSALL
“MYSTERY COACH TRIP”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2011

Visit unexpected arrived after a terible coach trip by Interchoice. The Hotel proved to be a gem in all aspects eg food,entertaiment, great staff, and clean.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank coachjunky

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (102)
Matlock, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2011

good food room ok staff helpful entertainment ok but like most places needs decorating this was my first holiday with my girlfriend and we loved it we were on a coach trip and people on our bus were saying its awful but we didnt moan neil smedley matlock

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank njs11
Bridgend, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2011

Booked a weekend break to Burlington Hotel, Torquay. On reviewing previous feedback I was a bit sceptical as to what I would find. On arriving Saturday 11th June, I found the hotel staff to be very helpful, rooms clean and tidy. All meals were of exceptional quality and customer service excellent. Have stayed in various hotels including Hilton and Burlington standards on par, if not better.

Thanks to all the staff at the Burlington for making our stay an enjoyable one.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank helenhumphreys
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2011

From the outside it looks ok friendly greeting from staff but that's prob to stop you complaining about roo s which were dirty shower was cold and hanging off the wall floor was dirty. Carpet stained just dirty no heating

• Stayed May 2011
1 Thank Fish4ian

Travellers are raving about these Torquay hotels

basingstoke hampshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2011

my wife and I went on a four day tour with newmarket travell.
howard the rep for newmarket travell was such a wonderful guide very caring and thoughtful
the driver mick was very caring also as most of the passengers were elderly and some like my wife were disabled mick was very help I CAN NOT PRAISE these persons enough.

the burlington hotel is family run so the staff are very helpful and can not do enough for you.
food was hot and very tasty and plenty of it , our only gripe is that there was no shower only
a bath, as my wife can not get in and out of a bath because of arthritis in her knees
another put off was that the whole hotel could do with a complete refurb as the carpets were a bit smelly and this hotel does not accomodate wheelchair users as there is no lifts to the first floor or down to the dinning hall.

Room Tip: ask for want you would like before your journey
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank donnydimples
Swansea, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2011

The staff were friendly and the bedrooms were clean enough but not sparkling - no hygiene wraps on toilets - old plastc mugs in bathroom not nice newly wrapped glasses like we're used to these days. Hotel and bedrooms very outdated. Our bedroom didn't have a shower. So I explained that because of a medical problem I needed a room with a shower not a bath, so I needed to change rooms but there was not another family room available. However, I was given the key of another room where we could shower.
My daughter and her son had another room but they too had to change rooms as theirs had a broken window.
My biggest complaint was that the double bed in our family room - Room 16 was ready for the dump. It was very lumpy and extremely uncomfortable.
Breakfast was good but small and advertised as being served at 8.30. However, on the first morning we had to wait until 8.45 for the breakfast room to open!

Room Tip: Try the bed before you retire for the night.
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank ElaineG32
Staffs
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2011

Spent 5 days here, ok,the rooms are dated but have everything you need, although I did have to ask for a hair dryer, the room was cleaned and the sheets and towels changed daily, no biscuits on the complimentary drinks tray, but more than enough tea, coffee etc.
The food was fresh, hot and plentyful and offered a good choice, The service was excellent and very well organised. The staff were very friendly. The hotel offered a large roof terrace but flowers and planters would have enhanced it. My only gripe was that the front door had to be locked at all times, a nuisance as we only had one key between my hubby and I..
The harbour was a 15 min steep walk down hill, but there is a very regular bus service with a stop practically outside the hotel.
We saw a bit of the hotels' entertainment which was quite good. The bar prices were very good but the bar tended to close at about 11pm, all in all, for the money you pay, we found this hotel a great base and very good value for money and we would definately return.

Room Tip: take your own hair dryer and multi -plug
  • Stayed April 2011