“Good for Kids, ok for toddlers”
Review of The Play Cafe

The Play Cafe
Ranked #28 of 41 things to do in Torquay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Play Cafe is a Children’s indoor soft play and party centre with licensed Cafe and on site salon. Open 7 days a week, welcoming children up to our height restriction of 148cm. We offer a range of events, clubs and offers. (See our website for further details) We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

We took our 18 month old here for afternoon play. Some of the older kids were running through the toddler area and it didn't have as much for toddlers as the other soft play centre in Torquay but it did help kill an hour and a half

Date of experience: May 2013
All reviews
"baby area"
"summer beach"
"staff cleaning"
"clean venue"
"activity room"
in 2 reviews
"great place to take the kids"
"little girl"
"few hours"
"hairdresser"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 12 May 2013

I take my 6 year old son every week, the cafe is clean and i was very impressed to see members of a cleaning crew come in just as we were leaving at the end of the day. I did ask the question who are they and was told that every day a company come in to clean the equipment and the whole cafe. I am also impressed with the toilets, every hour a member of staff will go and make sure they are clean. I myself have seen customers leave dirty nappies on the side but the staff are in there like a flash to tidy up.

The food is amazing, i have a little boy who is funny with food but the staff will go out of their way to make sure he is happy. Birthday parties are great and real value for money.

The staff overall are great, the manager always seems to be out and about in the cafe and the children all seem to flock to her, its like she knows the names of all of them.

I am also impressed that adults only go into the cafe with children, other places i have been allows adults to go in and play on their own. To me this is a little odd, but safety at the play cafe is a main factor

I would recommend a visit to the play cafe

Date of experience: May 2013
1  Thank emma80467
Reviewed 23 April 2013

An extremely clean and vibrantly decorated indoor play centre, great equipment and lovely staff and manager. Superb parties! Congratulation on Ofsted for Early Years and looking forward to going back!

Date of experience: April 2013
2  Thank CAndradeSilva
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We visited here over Easter half term. I have to say i was very disappointed! The kids had a great time on the play equipment but that was the only good thing about it. The childrens lunch boxes had all run out by 12.30pm! and i watched a staff member drop food on the floor and pick it up and serve it anyway - nice! There was also very limited choice and most of what was on the menu they told me they didn't serve anymore?
The toilets were filthy and smelt really bad.
Staff on the food counter were very uninterested and unhelpful.
Very few tables for the adults to sit at although we did go at half term so maybe that's to be expected.
The good points were the price was very cheap and there was no time limit and the kids did have a great time but i wouldn't be back -The first time i have said that about a soft play centre.
Overall not a great place.

Date of experience: April 2013