“Great place for the kids (and adults too!)”
Review of The Play Cafe

The Play Cafe
Ranked #28 of 41 things to do in Torquay
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Play Cafe is a Children’s indoor soft play and party centre with licensed Cafe and on site salon. Open 7 days a week, welcoming children up to our height restriction of 148cm. We offer a range of events, clubs and offers. (See our website for further details) We look forward to welcoming you soon.
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I recently went to my friends daughters birthday party at the playcafe and it was fantastic. The party room was great. it was clean and really nicely set up and the food was great too. The kids loved it and so did we. It was nice being able to relax whilst they ran riot. Staff were very friendly and i couldnt help but notice how they paid great attention to a couple of children who were very upset. that was really nice to see. Overall the place was fab and definitely worth a visit.

Date of experience: June 2013
All reviews
"baby area"
"summer beach"
"staff cleaning"
"clean venue"
"activity room"
in 2 reviews
"great place to take the kids"
"little girl"
"few hours"
"hairdresser"
in 9 reviews

Reviewed 20 June 2013

Excellent toys to play with and the indoor play is fabulous. Food is also good :)
The kids can only get out when staff let the door open as well so security is fab.

Date of experience: June 2013
1  Thank carol m
Reviewed 26 May 2013 via mobile

We took our 18 month old here for afternoon play. Some of the older kids were running through the toddler area and it didn't have as much for toddlers as the other soft play centre in Torquay but it did help kill an hour and a half

Date of experience: May 2013
Reviewed 12 May 2013

I take my 6 year old son every week, the cafe is clean and i was very impressed to see members of a cleaning crew come in just as we were leaving at the end of the day. I did ask the question who are they and was told that every day a company come in to clean the equipment and the whole cafe. I am also impressed with the toilets, every hour a member of staff will go and make sure they are clean. I myself have seen customers leave dirty nappies on the side but the staff are in there like a flash to tidy up.

The food is amazing, i have a little boy who is funny with food but the staff will go out of their way to make sure he is happy. Birthday parties are great and real value for money.

The staff overall are great, the manager always seems to be out and about in the cafe and the children all seem to flock to her, its like she knows the names of all of them.

I am also impressed that adults only go into the cafe with children, other places i have been allows adults to go in and play on their own. To me this is a little odd, but safety at the play cafe is a main factor

I would recommend a visit to the play cafe

Date of experience: May 2013