“birthday party”

14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“birthday party”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Had my sons 1st birthday party here. Paid for the 2 most expensive package they had available, there was a party next to us which bought the cheaper package and had more than us! i asked to check whether it was right and they didn't get our package but no they didn't.

Seems really petty but didn't have a shoe bucket, when you have 20 children arriving and chucking their shoes everywhere a shoe bucket would be handy! We asked for a shoe bucket and was told that they would ask our party host to get one for us.

The whole 2 hours we were there we did not once see our party host, even though we paid for one. The group next to us had an active party host, coming over to check everything was ok etc.
We asked whether we had one and was told that one would come over soon.

However all that aside it was a brilliant day, the staff were very patient when I was gathering all my family together to sing happy birthday. Been here a few times and my little boy loves it, staff are very friendly, cheap and they sell alcohol!! Even better!!!

Visited April 2014
1 Thank OllieAG

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fun kids loved it”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Had a lovely time,staff were ace will be going back again soon. Great value on entry. Menu has a lot to offer, nice verity. Fantastic place to go especially when raining.

Visited August 2014
1 Thank Breadsti
Torbay
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Great for kids, service for drinks & food not so good!”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The actual play area is good for children, the only problem is that some of the older children aged approx 11-13 are very uncaring towards the smaller children, with no adult supervision at all, from parents or staff at the time we visited,this could be dangerous, especially during busy times. Food and drinks take a long time to be served to you, and in all honestly, the food does leave a lot to be desired! I'm sorry to say this, but this was our families experience on 3 separate occasions! So, owners of play cafe, you need more staff to supervise the play area, to deal with food - this needs improving in quality, presentation and service.

Visited August 2014
3 Thank HyacinthofTorquay
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Always great”
Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

I visit the Play Cafe regularly and my son always has a great time there. The play area has a good variety of areas with different things to do and you can find your children easily!
Some other reviewers seem to be indicating that the staff should be watching the children more but it's not a crèche people, watch your own kids!

2 Thank Gemsterski
Paignton, England, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fantastic place for the kids and parents alike”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

visited here a few times now as both my children can enjoy (one with ASD the other is a powerwheelchair user).

The facilities are very good. Very good play area and well spread out. Lots of toys for the kids to play with.It can be busy on rainy days and holidays, meaning that parents need to keep more of an eye on their children (As a parent I do not feel that this is the staff of play cafe's responsibility although other reviewers seem to).

The little one could play easily without feeling too overcrowded and my older one could wander around in his wheelhchair and use the free internet facilities if he wanted to or jsut play games around the play facility.

The food (and beverages) are very tasty and on first visit I thought it seemed a little expensive, however you do get a lot for your money and seems a similar price to other local establishments like this although not as much food and drink for your money.

I enjoyed the boys having a good time and the ability to sit and relax whilst they played.

The loo's have great facilities for you and your children. The toilet seats have smaller ones attached for your little ones (great if you have children that are worried about falling in!). There are even little step stools near the sink for your little ones to help them reach the sink.

The disabled loo is huge and provided plenty of space for changing my son along with getting his wheelchair in.

The area is ramped inside, meaning access for a wheelchair users is great (only niggle is outside where a wheelchair user may need a shove to get up the small step outside the venue).

The hairdressing service is a great idea (although I have not used this yet).

On one visit they had stands inside:some with people that were selling items that may appeal to parents, some with money saving information and some with info on local activities.

Excellant place to take the kids and some good deals (on food and entry fees) when timed right.

Visited June 2014