“Beautiful evening meal”

Lavani
Price range: US$7 - US$33
Cuisines: Indian, Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Experience the uncomprehendingly mysterious power of culinary India at Lavani.With two prestigious awards in its first year of trading (AAA Award Of Excellence & Taste of the West-Gold Award), Lavani is a speciality Indian restaurant with an accent of regional Indian and Anglo-Indian cuisine for the global palate.Light,modern and sophisticated dishes that pay homage to the power of culinary India,defines Lavani. Situated only a short walk away from Kents Cavern, English Riviera's most beautiful coves (Meadfoot and Ansteys) and the famous South West Coastal Path we pride ourselves on the quality of service and quality of our ingredients.• Mild, subtle and delicate Flavours of India• Cookery Demo and Dinner Evenings• Imaginative Indian cocktail and Indian wines• 20% Discount Senior citizens card• 15% Discount Hospitality Card• Complimentary Birthday Package• Winter Warmer Menu• Live Music Evenings•LAVANI DIY Spice Packs & Marinades. Party Menu. We are delightful in many ways. While for some it is one of the finest speciality Indian restaurants, to others it is an amazing English Riviera retreat. And there are those that love it for its rose water and saffron marinated walls studded with themed art, red chilli flavoured chairs, buttermilk swish linen and its friendly family feel. Imaginative cuisine, undeniably happening ambience, the flavours, the aroma, the live cooking sounds and the artistic display, presented with the Lavani signature of hospitality. All come together in perfect harmony in an exciting new avatar! Our Cuisine: Careful blending of genuine Indian cooking traditions with high quality, high-end British high in protein, low in fat ingredients not often found in Indian cuisine such as scallops,wild boar,goat,lobster,mutton,wood pigeon,venison,caviar,quail, calf's liver,ostrich and more creates unique and distinct dishes.We take away the heaviness usually akin to Indian dishes and we're focusing on minimising the usage of oil and fat.The extremely comprehensive menu of dishes demonstrates how ancient wisdom and regional traditional cooking styles have been blended with British traditions evolving to become what we get on our plates today.Dig in! Be thrilled! Let the spirit of Lavani enliven you!
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Myself and my partner had the most beautiful meal that we had tasted in a long time. The presentation was amazing. The staff was pleasant and the chef made us feel very welcomed. Thank you for making our special evening so wonderful. Highly recommend the hidden treasures

Reviewed 13 June 2014

We had been recommended this restaurant and thought we would give it a go. We had great service and a really different Indian cusine experience. The menu had such vast choice of dishes, you needed to spend time reading it through to ensure you picked what you wanted. The food was excellent, we went for fish main, it was cooked in very delicate spices in a clay oven and tasted delicious. The only regret was that after with having a starter we were too full for a desert! We will certainly go back and try more dishes from the menu. Compliments to the chef!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The food was really tasty with excellent presentation. The service was first class. The surroundings and atmosphere were really great. It was good value. We had a chat with the owner/chef who was extremely pleasant and interesting to chat with. We will go back!

1  Thank Hollywho9
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My husband and I have been meaning to visit Lavani for some time and after having eaten there yesterday evening am so sorry we did not go sooner. All those missed opportunities to savour mouth wateringly good food. If you like Indian food you will LOVE Lavani, in fact if you love food full stop you will love Lavani. There are all the Indian classics on the menu for all the traditionalists but then the fun starts! There is Venison, pheasant, beef, pork, calf's liver, squid, scallops.......You name it, I had Sea Robin cooked in Banan leaf for my starter......no, it's not a bird, it's fish, and it was delicious. The menu is truly innovative and there will be something to tempt every palate. The food is beautifully presented - I wish I'd taken a photograph of my plate, it was a work of art, but art that was edible as even the decoration was a taste sensation. Lavani's decor is contemporary and elegant, like it's food, with a warm welcoming ambience. You may think that all this would come at a price but it's very reasonably priced for the excellent quality. You really should try Lavani's if you want delicious food that is lovingly prepared and presented by people who are really dedicated to their art. Thank you Mr and Mrs Pereira, we will definitely be back.

1  Thank Pauline L
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I was visiting Torquay and decided to look on tripadvisor for an Indian restaurant. Having read the reviews for Lavani I decided to give it a go. This is without doubt the beat Indian meal I have ever had. The quality and presentation of the meals was fantastic and the I couldn't fault the service we had from all the members of staff. If I visit the area again, I will definitely be booking another table here.